BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

I repeatedly hear that it would be incredibly hard for GW to publish a new set of BB rules themselves as they (as a company) do not own the rules - Jervis does in conjunction with some of the old committee members do (or so I'm told).

Rules wise all they really need to do is fix the Claw, Pile On, Might Blow combo. (known as C-POMB)

Mini wise they need a complete revamp as you can get better for cheaper - unless you have to play at GW like I do
    http://blood-claw.blogspot.com

There is a set of competition rules you can download from the GW website that is marked as being the exclusive property of GW?

I really want to see this happening, but I am not keeping my hopes up anymore.

There are some rumors about GW selling IP to another company...

Librarian

The GW stock is currently at a peak point, and a number of their largest long term investers are currently divesting themselves of GW stock (slowly).

It is possible that Blood Bowl will move to someone else. I would surely hope that it goes to someone who would take good care of it (like Impact or Fantasy Flight) but I doubt GW is letting go of any of their old IPs.

They have tons of old games that they do nothing with. A lot of that is just leaving money on the table, but that's what GW does nowdays. They put all of their force behind their frontrunner games (and Lord of the Rings).

www.GardenNinja.com

Nobody knows what is rellay going to happen, the first one on line fot the IP is FF but as you said they have a lot of games forgotten

Librarian

For an update- GW has stopped hosting the rules on their website. However, Cyanide has started hosing the rules themselves.

The funny thing is, they're hosting the "Icepelt" version of the rulebook- it has a little more fluff in it, and also contains the teams that never got GW minis made of them (Slann, Chaos Pact, Underworld).

Oddly enough, it still doesn't contain the Khorne Daemons.

www.GardenNinja.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12