BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We are slowly moving towards slightly bigger games. Next one in line (after a lengthy break) will be a 21 point game. Again it's Khador and Cygnar battling it out. I'll be heading into that with the following:

Major Victoria Haley accompanied by Vanguard, Charger and Ironclad with a 10 man strong unit of Trencher Infantry.

The plan will be to have the Trenchers form a line through which Khador's heavy 'jacks can't march through and then use Charger, Ironclad and Haley to take the apart (hopefully) while Vanguard makes sure Haley is safe. Will have to see how it plays out.

There is also been some alternative rule considerations if we get some more units and all that. One idea is to fight it out with units and models with 'jack marshal rules, leaving warcasters at home. Or simply keep on fighting after a warcaster goes down.

For future plans I am thinking of picking up the book for Cygnar, a Hunter, a Journeyman Warcaster and either an unit of Gun Mages or an unit of Sword Knights. However, I'll have to get my Chaos warband ready for a local Crusade of Fire campaign before I can move onto new purchases. But I admit that I am somewhat excited about the forces I'm gathering up and playing some bigger games. Still need to talk with my friends about buying the actual rulebook as I am sure having it is better than the quickstart guides we have now.

Will probably write here how the battles went when I get home on thursday.

So, things went not as planned.

Played three games and lost each one. It was good fun and we didn't really try to do crazy assassinations but only one game can be called close one.

My friend was running Khador with Kommander Sorscha accompanied by two Kodiaks, a Juggernaut and a Destroyer. We played three games with small alterations, starting up at 21 points and moving to play two 27 point games after that.

First game I screwed up movement and ended up having Kodiaks steam a lot of Trenchers to death. Also my shooting and warjacks rolled so poorly that the game was lost very fast.

Second game was very close. I had clear control of the game, until my friend was losing really badly, he then managed to maneuver perfectly to let Sorscha beat poor Haley into submission.

Third game was ridicilously one sided. I used my 10 man trencher unit to do huge combined attack twice, only to roll snake eyes on damage. This meant that I ended up being crushed by the four heavy 'jacks who kept rolling godlike damage.

What I learned from these games is that I need to keep Haley away from Sorscha who killed Haley with two swings of her weapon after popping her feat. Also I really need to get a Hunter to lay some more reliable damage to the Khadoran warjacks, probably switching it to replace the Charger. And most of all, I probably should shoot the trenchers in groups of five instead of a single big shot when taking on Khador. More likely to deal better damage as the hit is almost guaranteed. Major Haley has a nasty set of spells that can work the battlefield in your advantage but she needs something to guard her. Also, I really need to work a Lancer into the battlegroup, trying to get in range for the spells feels highly unsafe. Maybe I'll consider getting Thorn to go with her.

All in all I had fun playing the game, even if it was just slightly demoralizing seeing the Khadoran tide of red just roll over my poor battlegroup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12