BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Plastic Thunderhawk? You Decide!

From this month's White Dwarf...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t-hawk.jpg 
Views:	1013 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	3823

And for Comparison:
    [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Grey-Knights/THUNDERHAWK_GUNSHIP.html"]Forgeworld Thunderhawk[/URL]

Two notes:

This seems to be an advert for the upcoming Apocalypse 2.0 version.

This does seem suspiciously close to April 1st don't you think...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Veteran-Sergeant

*head explodes*

No worse than this release:
    Games Workshop Group Plc, the U.K. maker of Warhammer battle games, announced a new strategic partnership with publisher, Zynga, to bring their popular table top game to the public on Facebook. "We see this as an opportunity to introduce our very popular game to a new audience of working moms and girls 13-18" Zynga representatives said "We see this partnership as a huge opportunity to increase profitability for Games Workshop and (publisher parent) EA".

The new game, tentatively called "40kville - The Emperor's Children" is slated to launch in late April.

Games Workshop partner, Forgeworld announced a new line of their highly collectible models, based on the new 40kville license. "We're working on a $900 farm playboard which will really raise the bar in our high-end offerings". Additionally, Citadel, the GW line of paint and supplies, will release a package of paint for the release. Among the new items are "Tau Avacado", "Ork Mushroom" and "Ultramarine Spinach". In conjunction, as part of the new Citadel texture colors, a planned "Necron Manure" and "Sisters of Battle Cucumber" will arrive in GW stores exclusively mid-May.

Games Workshop shares fell 50 pence to 372.5 pence, giving the company a market value of 116.3 million pounds ($180 million). The stock gained 69 percent last year.
    To contact the reporter on this story: Renee Lawrence in London at [email][email protected][/email]

Chapter-Master

Could just be a FW thunderhawk... not like we haven't seen plenty of FW stuff in WD before.

That said, if GW does do a plastic thunderhawk I am emptying my bank account to the limit of my overdraft!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Librarian

Yes. Because it has the 'Eavy Metal paintjob and looks different to the FW T-Hawk.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

First-Captain

Too close to tell
    For the Greater good.

Brother-Sergeant

There does seem to be some subtle differences in the model, the cannon is definitely different at the very least.

Librarian

Actually no. Like SotonShades said it is probably an April Fool's Joke.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Terraforming Magos

I'm putting together the FW one and that is nothing like the one I'm working on. The clue is glass in the windows.
    Best Army Appearance FOW- WAR Games Con 2010
    Eternal WarGamesCon Paint Judge
    FOW Line Judge WGC 2011

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberwolfe View Post
    I'm putting together the FW one and that is nothing like the one I'm working on. The clue is glass in the windows.
    Again, not like we haven't seen GW/FW folks adding plastic panes in or removing the skull and the Aquilla from the front of the fuselage. Not getting my hopes up, but willing to be pleasantly surprised.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast