BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Looking at the cannon on top...does it not have the same design as the cannons from the shadowlord/stormlord kit?

nah, that's just the straight FW one, if GW were to do a plastic version there'd be some redesigning involved.

Librarian

I think it's a scratchbuild.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

a thunderhawk has two options for what it can take on top.

the other thing off other then the windows in the cockpit is the ammo feeds and containers for the twin heavy bolters on the front they are different then the forgeworld ones.

Terraforming Magos

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    Again, not like we haven't seen GW/FW folks adding plastic panes in or removing the skull and the Aquilla from the front of the fuselage. Not getting my hopes up, but willing to be pleasantly surprised.
    True because that is part of what I'm attempting. Not a small task, but the canopy has less rivets and is bulkier. The FW canopy is more delicate and a royal PIA. Could be an awesome assembly job on a perfect FW cast (doubtful on the perfect cast) or the fabled plastic Thunderhawk (almost as doubtful.)
    Best Army Appearance FOW- WAR Games Con 2010
    Eternal WarGamesCon Paint Judge
    FOW Line Judge WGC 2011

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberwolfe View Post
    the canopy has less rivets and is bulkier.
    Exactly. The canopy doesn't have the same dimensions for the windows, either.
    Last edited by blueshift; 03-29-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    Again, not like we haven't seen GW/FW folks adding plastic panes in or removing the skull and the Aquilla from the front of the fuselage. Not getting my hopes up, but willing to be pleasantly surprised.
    Actually the skull and aquila are loose in the kit And I, having recently built a FW t-hawk, can't find anything that suggest this is a plastic version. Also, the FW model comes with 2 gun options, and the thing about the ammo feed for the heavy bolters is wrong, they look like that on the FW model as well. And on the glass note, the FW kit comes with a sheet of clear styrene to make the cockpit glass from, so that's not a clue either. Only thing I can see on this kit that doesn't comply with the FW model is the smoke launcher on the aft section, which is probably just a plastic one added.

Its the forge world model, because if they where going to do a plastic kit they surly would do the storm Eagle as its the craft that sits in the middle, but that said i would love a plastic thunderhawk and i don't even play space marines.

Librarian

im calling it, its the FW one.

why would GW even want to do a plastic kit, they will loose money on the tooling of the die. it would sell for about £200-300 so why would people pay that its only £100 less than the FW one. yeah ok the plastic may be easier to build and be more reliably cast (being plastic)........ but bye bye interior details and all of the cool features of the FW one.

and yeah, GW would either do a storm bird or a new variant that has been in service the whole time but we never knew about

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast