BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Iron Father

Default Help, Mono Nurgle list.

Hi guys I could do with some advice, never having played Daemons before but always being a Nurgle boy at heart (or guts) I have just ordered the beginnings of an army

I have ordered

3 Heralds
    4 Boxes of Plaguebearers
    2 Boxes of Plague drones
    2 Soul Grinders

Having read Learn2Eels fantastic Chaos tactica I thought this was a good base to start from.

I plan to run 3 groups of 13 Plaguebearers with a herald in each to make units of 14 to keep papa nurgle happy, 2 groups of drones to help the Plaguebearers get where they need to be and the 2 Soul grinders will be the anti air, big boy firepower sat in cover if possible.

I will be getting a FW nurgle DP to use as my GUO as I don't like the GW one. Some Plague Toads as Beasts as in the WD 399 too.

I also spent nearly a ton on paints so I'm ready to go when it arrives.

Should I be looking to add some Nurglings in the list and anything else to fill in the gaps, I'm not adverse to FW stuff so that's cool. I would prefer to stick to all Nurgle but if I am to remain a viable army I could add some other units from other Gods too, but they will be Nurglified and painted to rot.

Basically I want to have a "fun list" but I don't want to be walked over by my space marine, chaos marine and necron friends.

As I said I have a few ideas where to go with this but any ideas you chaos boys and girls have would be greatly appreciated.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Daemon-Prince

Your army is pretty slow man, remember you can't run with nurgle........I would add in a great unclean one at the very least to get a bit beater to eat shots since as things sit right now by the time you get across the table 90% of your army will be dead.

Also if you insist on pure Nurgle get some Beats of Nurgle they are amazingly annoying for opponents!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Your army is pretty slow man, remember you can't run with nurgle........I would add in a great unclean one at the very least to get a bit beater to eat shots since as things sit right now by the time you get across the table 90% of your army will be dead.

Also if you insist on pure Nurgle get some Beats of Nurgle they are amazingly annoying for opponents!

I was planning on the drones being my speedy unit, these would also allow my other units to deep strike where I want them to be instead of foot slogging across the board. I think a GUO in the rear end of any army is going to cause mayhem.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Daemon-Prince

Problem is you need to have something in play and hope for the DS roll other wise you will be wiped out before the rest of your army can show up. Also beast are great however they also can't run......or shoot.......so 12" a turn compared to seekers and demonettes going up to 16" I would suggest throwing in some seekers and just convert them to look nurgly for some speed.

Brother-Sergeant

Yeah Tiger, but Drones get their Jetback move and 12" in movement as well, so he's actually still got that covered, and for cheaper...

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by BatMarine View Post
    Yeah Tiger, but Drones get their Jetback move and 12" in movement as well, so he's actually still got that covered, and for cheaper...
    They also have very few attacks if charged.

However... I think you're kinda missing the point. Deadlift is trying to make a Mono Nurgle army here - the challenge is to find ways to make the army cope with the problem, not to let the problem dictate the army. It's fun! Plague Drones are good fun - give them a whirl! Beasts are great fun too. I think the basis of your idea is solid enough - just pray that the Drones don't get wiped out before your PBs deepstrike!