BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: If only....

If only regular assault marines could take special CC weapons rather than special shooty ones.

If only the Grey Knights had more than a single storm shield in their entire armoury.

If only GW had given BA and GK the Stormtalon as well when they decide to give everyone else the Stormraven.

If only GW would use someone else as their loyalist power armour lab rats. Seriously, who wanna bet that the new Codex SM book will make DA look worthless when it hits in a few months time just like last time round?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    If only, I could paint :'( (or find the motivation to do so)
    if only we had thirty hour days...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Here's another Tau-related "If Only."

I'm a fan of stealth suits. I think the XV25 is a cool-looking model, I like the way they horribly exploit cover. I like that they can infiltrate and outflank and deep strike. I like that they are a great source of relentless markerlighting (with marker drones, of course).

Sadly, XV25s are usually ignored in favor of their big cousins, the XV8s and XV88s (that said, I once saw someone field an awesome list that used a huge blob of stealthy XV25s and a horde of gun drones to smack face in close quarters firefights - the XV25's 3+ save and stealth rules really shone).

I think part of the reason is that XV25s have kind of lousy options. Burst cannon... ok, not a bad weapon, but the Tau already have so much Strength 5 AP 5 shooting that we don't really need more. Fusion blasters... neat, but such short range, and how much melta do you really need?

But imagine if XV25s could take... flamers, so they could roast other units hiding in the same cover? What if they could take missile pods, thus combining their stealth rules with long range shooting? Imagine if they could take plasma rifles, which would make them more all-round useful?

In other words, what if they really were baby XV8s with stealth?

I'm not suggesting that you remove the current limitation on special weapons - one special weapon for every three models in a 3 to 9 man squad would still let XV8s retain their role as all-around trouble shooters. However,the expanded options would just make XV25s... tastier. It would be neat.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

if only CSM had gotten Stormravens. Flying Berzerkers...
    If only CSM had a decent choice of Fast Units..
    Or if the Heldrake model didnt look so lame..
    or a second wave...
    If only other Eldar players didnt whine about their 'dex..

If only i won the Friggin Lottery, and could afford to have all the cool toys from FW that ive drooled over a million times already

If only
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nerd.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	3849

If only the markerlight were Assault, instead of Heavy.... so Pathfinders and FW Shas'ui could actually move and use the damned thing...

Oh, and while I'm at it... if only you could strap a markerlight to a Crisis suit or Stealth Suit - what, the Tau don't have duct tape?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LordGrise View Post
    If only the markerlight were Assault, instead of Heavy.... so Pathfinders and FW Shas'ui could actually move and use the damned thing...
    They can now, but they are limited in their hitting rate...

Quote Originally Posted by LordGrise View Post
    Oh, and while I'm at it... if only you could strap a markerlight to a Crisis suit or Stealth Suit - what, the Tau don't have duct tape?
    The Stealth Team Leader can. And then there are the Drones which become Relentless when joined to the Crisis and Stealth units.

If only they would release a new CSM chosen boxed set with all the wonderful options in the codex and the amazing sculpts used in the boxed set.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    If only other Eldar players would appreciate their codex like little Joe does at GW Shrewsbury.

If only Aun'shi would come back.

If only we could get Power Weapons on Crisis Suits.
    Aun'shi is back

And there is 1 s10 ap 1 power weapon you can take on 1 battlesuit in an army.
    For the Greater good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    And there is 1 s10 ap 1 power weapon you can take on 1 battlesuit in an army.
    Oh, not quite. If the Riptide is indeed a Monstrous Creature....

Well, not AP: 1, but AP: 2 is well close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    If only they would release a new CSM chosen boxed set with all the wonderful options in the codex and the amazing sculpts used in the boxed set.
    +1 to this!

Though to be fair, part of the attraction of Chaos are the conversion opporchancities. Still doesn't mean there shouldn't be a 'source box' of some kind.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast