BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If only....

First-Captain

Default If only....

The Piranha is a lightly armoured vehicle used by the Tau in a range of capacities, including rapid response, support of pathfinder teams and even as battlefield transport for high-ranking dignitaries. By Upgrading the vehicle to carry a fusion blaster or a pair of seeker missiles it becomes an effective tank hunter, particularly when guided to a target by Pathfinder teams.
    Just a post to put your 40k If Only's in. My one is the bit bolded above. If only an etheral could ride in a Piranha.
    For the Greater good.

Brother-Captain

If only my Ogryns could ride in Vendettas. I was all set to model parachutes on their backs. *Sigh*
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Occuli Imperator

Wasn't there a Caiphas Cain novel where he ended up being transported in a Piranha?

But as always Fluff =! Rules
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Wasn't there a Caiphas Cain novel where he ended up being transported in a Piranha?

But as always Fluff =! Rules
    I know, but would be a nice thing to see on saturday
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

If only Rubric Marines didn't suck.
    If only Chaos Space Marines generated psychic powers like Chaos Daemons.
    If only the Doom of Malan'tai wasn't broken.
    If only Veterans of the Long War granted Fearless instead of Hatred.
    If only the Tyrannofex was 50 points cheaper.
    If only the Carnifex didn't go full on derp.

Where did their hair go!?
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

As a rule, I wish GW would stop making these stupid split-purpose units. I understand that in the real world it's entirely possible to use light infantry or a fast vehicular platform aggressively, using superior speed and mobility to get close to the enemy, hit, and run off without dealing with return fire. However, Warhammer 40k does not actually work this way. The rules just don't support it. Things like piranhas, dire avengers, some land speeder loadouts... they just don't actually work in the actual game we are trying to use these actual minis to actually play.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Actual for the Actually God!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

if only....Enslavers had a codex and model range. Sick of legged xenos. Tentacled floaty horrors or GTFO.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    As a rule, I wish GW would stop making these stupid split-purpose units. I understand that in the real world it's entirely possible to use light infantry or a fast vehicular platform aggressively, using superior speed and mobility to get close to the enemy, hit, and run off without dealing with return fire. However, Warhammer 40k does not actually work this way. The rules just don't support it. Things like piranhas, dire avengers, some land speeder loadouts... they just don't actually work in the actual game we are trying to use these actual minis to actually play.
    I'd be okay seeing some units get rules similar to those that allow Tau battlesuits to jump, shoot, jump in order to better represent some sort of actual hit-and-run capability. Maybe Hit and Run the USR could be re-worked to allow that in addition to what it does and be redistributed amongst a number of units across the game accordingly?

At any rate, there has been some success at split-purpose units coming out good and functional on the tabletop. GK strike squads with psycannons come readily to mind. Grey hunters are similarly efficient all-rounders.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Rissan4ever View Post
    If only my Ogryns could ride in Vendettas. I was all set to model parachutes on their backs. *Sigh*
    Who needs parachutes?

*Cough*

I wish they would of given us a named slaanesh greater demon........Way to get 3\4 GW!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast