BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

yes but buying two copies might send the wrong message...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    yes but buying two copies might send the wrong message...
    That as a loyal son of Sigismund and Dorn I was so outraged at the loss of identity for my beloved chapter I was willing to shell out an extra fifty bucks just to light it on fire and send them the video?

Chaplain

hahah, i'm so laughing with frustration and appaling lack of respect if these line ups for all the codex's were true.
    To see, that SoB again have to wait until all the other armies again get their shiny new books, miniatures and fame, where SoB again are relegated to wait until the very end. And before people say i'm winging, well i have over 10k of SoB, have played them since first being introduced by GW, and have been waiting for a real codex since 3rd edition.

To read, even if it's a rumore i again have to wait past the time that Eldar, IG, GK's and BA's again all get codex's is appalling. Would make anyone wonder why i still play SoB??
    I can only hope that these rumours are wrong as well as the line up.
    I understand Eldar getting a codex, maybe Tau (though would have thought much later in the year), but to know that SM's, IG, BA, GK's and Nidz could all be before Sisters, breaks your heart having to rely on copies from two White Dwarfs until it's one day our turn.

What more can be said to show the frustration of all the SoB players around the world??
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    I understand Eldar getting a codex, maybe Tau (though would have thought much later in the year), but to know that SM's, IG, BA, GK's and Nidz could all be before Sisters, breaks your heart having to rely on copies from two White Dwarfs until it's one day our turn.
    Hastings has only said Eldar, SM, Nids, IG & Orks. Not necessarily in that order.

Re the other rumour, I think Eldargal puts in very well in post 2

[URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?30776-Frontpage-New-Release-Schedule-Still-No-Sisters-But"]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?30776-Frontpage-New-Release-Schedule-Still-No-Sisters-But[/URL]

They did all of the official SoB rules and updates in WD last year, didn't they? Without meaning to be disrespectful to them, they're rather a niche army to get a full-on codex so recently after that when there are far better-selling armies to pander to. That's just from a sales point of view, of course. I've got a feeling GW will marginalise them like the Kroot - using them as allies for Grey Knights, rather than a force in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Blenderovski View Post
    They did all of the official SoB rules and updates in WD last year, didn't they? Without meaning to be disrespectful to them, they're rather a niche army to get a full-on codex so recently after that when there are far better-selling armies to pander to. That's just from a sales point of view, of course. I've got a feeling GW will marginalise them like the Kroot - using them as allies for Grey Knights, rather than a force in their own right.
    Try summer 2011, right after the Grey Knights. Last year was 2012. In a couple months that WD-Dex is going to be 2 years old. A codex that went out of print once it sold out mind you. That's a -long- time to be without a codex in circulation in this day and age.

And Sisters don't belong with Grey Knights anymore than Blood Angels would belong in the Space Wolves codex. There IS a Sisters of Battle codex coming in time and any other statement is just a false flag started by someone serving as a troll. Unless Harry, Hastings or one of the other big names or GW tells us that Sisters are going away or getting rolled into another army's codex, it ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Blenderovski View Post
    Like Dark Eldar were a niche army with poor sales?

They are getting a full codex and a plastic range, the question isn't if but when.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Like Dark Eldar were a niche army with poor sales?

They are getting a full codex and a plastic range, the question isn't if but when.
    EVERYONE knows that a plastic SOB range would sell out so fast it would make your head spin. The problem is remastering their sculpts to cast well in plastic. They're fantastically detailed models that span the whole range of butch to lipstick, and there is no doubt that a whole passel o' cash will be generated when they finally do a full release. It's a when issue. And when will be tied to a gamer-girl-outreach that is closer than ever. Eldar and Tau are big gamer-girl armies, and they will space them out accordingly. But the time is coming, yes indeed.

RTM

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    hahah, i'm so laughing with frustration and appaling lack of respect if these line ups for all the codex's were true.
    To see, that SoB again have to wait until all the other armies again get their shiny new books, miniatures and fame, where SoB again are relegated to wait until the very end. And before people say i'm winging, well i have over 10k of SoB, have played them since first being introduced by GW, and have been waiting for a real codex since 3rd edition.

To read, even if it's a rumore i again have to wait past the time that Eldar, IG, GK's and BA's again all get codex's is appalling. Would make anyone wonder why i still play SoB??
    I can only hope that these rumours are wrong as well as the line up.

What more can be said to show the frustration of all the SoB players around the world??
    Dark Eldar. First Codex 1998..........and then nothing of any note, not a new sculpt, or a white dwarf thing, nowt until 2010.

Perspective......
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by rtmaitreya View Post
    EVERYONE knows that a plastic SOB range would sell out so fast it would make your head spin. The problem is remastering their sculpts to cast well in plastic. They're fantastically detailed models that span the whole range of butch to lipstick, and there is no doubt that a whole passel o' cash will be generated when they finally do a full release. It's a when issue. And when will be tied to a gamer-girl-outreach that is closer than ever. Eldar and Tau are big gamer-girl armies, and they will space them out accordingly. But the time is coming, yes indeed.

RTM
    Well I don't know, in my experience tyranids are as big a girl gamer army as eldar or Tau. Orks too. But yes having a lovely, predominately female (stupid priests...) 40k army that isn't ridiculously sexualised (if they tone down the armoured bra cups) won't be a bad for thing for broadning the hobbys appeal to half the population.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast