BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tau - SOLD OUT

Battle-Brother

So I preordered a bunch of new Tau stuff at my local store saturday March 30th, and I just got a message saying they aren't getting a bunch of stuff in, namely:

Riptides, Broadsides, Blisters (Longstrike, Darkstrider, Cadre Fireblade?) and fire warrior kits. they said they would be getting these kits 1-2 weeks after launch. This sucks, i've been looking forward to new Tau for years. Oh well, hopefully there won't be further delays. Way to drop the ball GW. Facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by ajefferism View Post
    So I preordered a bunch of new Tau stuff at my local store saturday March 30th, and I just got a message saying they aren't getting a bunch of stuff in, namely:

Riptides, Broadsides, Blisters (Longstrike, Darkstrider, Cadre Fireblade?) and fire warrior kits. they said they would be getting these kits 1-2 weeks after launch. This sucks, i've been looking forward to new Tau for years. Oh well, hopefully there won't be further delays. Way to drop the ball GW. Facepalm.
    They didn't drop the ball. I am willing to bet that you can get ALL your stuff at a Games Workshop Store at the regularly scheduled weekend. They didn't sell out. That is a convenient excuse. This is a way to bolster sales at Games Workshop stores. I assure you that they are only sold out to stores which happen to have a Games Workshop competitor close by.

Chapter-Master

My store says they can get me the codex and riptide on Friday, but I'll have to wait for the XV8-05 commander and other stuff... until Monday. What a tragedy. /sarcasm.

Honestly, I'm just happy that my Tau are getting some love.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Daemon-Prince

It would seem Tau have more people buying them then any other army in a fair bit.......Rejoice my fellow Close Combat army players!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Brother-Sergeant

I placed such a large order that my LGS sent it to their GW rep immediately. Apparently all of it will arrive Friday afternoon via FedEx as the tracking info they have points to the 5th. I certainly hope it's all there!
    "Sometimes you just have to roll the hard six." -Admiral Adama
    Like my posts and ideas? Visit my Blog! http://www.dave40k.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    It would seem Tau have more people buying them then any other army in a fair bit.......Rejoice my fellow Close Combat army players!
    Yeah - just more firewarriors with defensive grenades to worry about ...
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Yeah - just more firewarriors with defensive grenades to worry about ...
    This got me thinking of stuff that firewarriors will lose to in close combat. Even with defensive grenades. Here is an extensive (not exhaustive) list.

Tactical marines, Guardsmen, Grots (with runtherds), Conscripts, Heavy Weapons Teams, Eldar Guardians, A ripper swarm (just 1), High School Football Teams, My Mom, Your Mom, Empty Infantry Bases (flocked or unflocked), A Stern Talking To and Strong Coffee.

Brother-Sergeant

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    This got me thinking of stuff that firewarriors will lose to in close combat. Even with defensive grenades. Here is an extensive (not exhaustive) list.

Tactical marines, Guardsmen, Grots (with runtherds), Conscripts, Heavy Weapons Teams, Eldar Guardians, A ripper swarm (just 1), High School Football Teams, My Mom, Your Mom, Empty Infantry Bases (flocked or unflocked), A Stern Talking To and Strong Coffee.
    ROLFLMAO!!!!! Bravo sir, bravo!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post

Hey. My Tau once won a close combat. It was hilarious.

1. Necron don't-remember-what-they're-called-but-they're-not-half-bad-in-close-combat charge my fire warriors.
    2. Fire warriors lose the combat, but escape.
    3. On my turn, fire warriors rapid fire into the necrons they just escaped.
    4. Necrons die.

Seriously... the last thing you want to do is let a bunch of fire warriors get away and end up staring down their pulse rifles as they back away from you.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Hey. My Tau once won a close combat. It was hilarious.

1. Necron don't-remember-what-they're-called-but-they're-not-half-bad-in-close-combat charge my fire warriors.
    2. Fire warriors lose the combat, but escape.
    3. On my turn, fire warriors rapid fire into the necrons they just escaped.
    4. Necrons die.

Seriously... the last thing you want to do is let a bunch of fire warriors get away and end up staring down their pulse rifles as they back away from you.
    I actually saw this sort of thing happen in a game between two friends.

Thing is, the unit that assaulted the Firewarriors was a squad of GK Paladins. Thanks to terminator armour they couldn't sweeping advance the Firewarriors, who managed to rally and somehow shoot to death the Paladins in the following turn.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast