BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Story idea I'd like to see for a Tau novel

I had an idea for a book featuring the tau and whatever Imperial counter element dan abnett or sandy mitchell can competently throw together... It goes like this...

The Tau are on the verge of their 3rd and 4th sphere expansion and have been toying with the idea of controlling the Tyranids as bio-weapons... They have a secret base on a remote moon to conduct their experiments, the IG or the Spazmareenz can come in, mess stuff up, kill the bugs, squich the Tau, hug their emperor, and save the day.

This is something I'd read which I've never seen in a 40k novel. Perish the day where we change stuff up a bit...
    Good Tactical acumen + Bad Dice Rolls = Chronic Systems Failure / Turn 3 concession

Chapter-Master

What I most want to see is a Tau novel that's just about the Tau. Maybe some Gue'vesa characters trying to make a go of it in Tau space. I dunno... the first human with the stones to demand to be allowed to pilot an XV8? Or the trials and tribulations of an all-human regiment in the Tau military, trying to prove themselves to their alien comrades, while at the same time dealing with the fact that their urge to prove themselves is, itself, a constant reminder of their alien individualism? Or just more about the Tau without the requisite "Imperials show up and smash faces" nonsense.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

Back in when the Daemonhunters codex was in force I proposed using a lobotomized and enslaved carnifex as a familiar for my Ordo Malleus aligned Inquisitor. I still like the idea (and still might pursue it after Rockenstein's Monster is complete), but I can't come up with a counts-as for it in the Grey Knights book.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Back in when the Daemonhunters codex was in force I proposed using a lobotomized and enslaved carnifex as a familiar for my Ordo Malleus aligned Inquisitor. I still like the idea (and still might pursue it after Rockenstein's Monster is complete), but I can't come up with a counts-as for it in the Grey Knights book.
    Not quite the same, but enslaved and mutilated zoanthropes could easily be counts-as henchmen psykers.

Brother-Captain

I could even skip the whole 'stand on your tail damnit' problem and give them little human parts like there's some Alien Resurrection heresy going down. Radicals make the best villains.

Chapter-Master

I could even skip the whole 'stand on your tail damnit' problem and give them little human parts like there's some Alien Resurrection heresy going down. Radicals make the best villains.
    Ooh! You could use water effect to make floating zoanthrope heads in jars!

Dread knight on a lead?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

There definietly needs to be more alien-perspective books. I'd love to read from the PoV of Tau and Necrons ect. They did books from an alien perspective in the 1930's (mission of gravity, dragon's eff ect) so it isn't exactly a new thing, but seems to of died off because people seem to want to shove it down everyones throats that protagonists must be human to be able to enjoy reading a book. Really quite a tiresome and narrow view.

Librarian

counts as dreadknight, regarding the enslaved big bug. Model it up with someone on the base controlling and you should be golden.

What I most want to see is a Tau novel that's just about the Tau. Maybe some Gue'vesa characters trying to make a go of it in Tau space. I dunno... the first human with the stones to demand to be allowed to pilot an XV8? Or the trials and tribulations of an all-human regiment in the Tau military, trying to prove themselves to their alien comrades, while at the same time dealing with the fact that their urge to prove themselves is, itself, a constant reminder of their alien individualism? Or just more about the Tau without the requisite "Imperials show up and smash faces" nonsense.

Totally a good idea.

There definietly needs to be more alien-perspective books. I'd love to read from the PoV of Tau and Necrons ect. They did books from an alien perspective in the 1930's (mission of gravity, dragon's eff ect) so it isn't exactly a new thing, but seems to of died off because people seem to want to shove it down everyones throats that protagonists must be human to be able to enjoy reading a book. Really quite a tiresome and narrow view.

Capital.
    Good Tactical acumen + Bad Dice Rolls = Chronic Systems Failure / Turn 3 concession

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast