BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default FW Open Day on Sunday 7th April

So who is going to this then, and does anyone else think it's odd that we've yet to see what the convention exclusive models for Forge World and Warhammer Forge are for this year? Normally they've been shown off at least a couple weeks in advance of the Open Day and usually in a newsletter showing off other pre-release goodies that will be avaliable in limited numbers on the day, but not this year.

If you are going, remember to take a camera along!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Its in the newsletter this week.

It was either attending this or the heresy weekender this year, I went with the latter. I suspect you'll see plenty of WIP that may be available for the HH weekend so hence my decision. Also, working over in Malaysia this month makes it one hell of a commute!

I'm both hoping for and dreading any potential previews of a Warlord Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    I'm both hoping for and dreading any potential previews of a Warlord Titan.
    You think that's bad, us Necron players are desperately hanging out for any chance that FW has anything more than the four things seen so far to include in IA12.
    (we're getting pretty worried that that's all they're going to bother making. There's precedence in the fluff for Necron Titans, but there's no hint thus far that FW are going to bother making one. Normally whenever they release an Imperial Armor book, the most "impressive" model tends to grace the cover... the cover for 12 was revealed in the latest White Dwarf, and all it had on it was Monoliths and that dog ugly Tesseract Ark. If that's the most impressive thing they're releasing, consider the majority of Necron Apocalypse players royally pissed off).
    Last edited by skoffs; 04-04-2013 at 11:19 PM.

I doubt you will get a Necron titan. FW can only do one very large kit like that every so often and I believe they have strongly been hinting that the next one (after the Phantom) will be a Warlord titan. So as much as I'd like to see another large xenos kit I expect Necron players will have to wait a while.

Having said that there is also no reason to assume what you have seen so far is all you will get. Eldar got shadow spectres, a phoenix lord, wasps, hornets, warp hunters, cobras and the Phantom titan plus several Corsair conversion kits. Every other xenos army FW have done have got a bunch of stuff with their books also.

For the love of kitties will someone please try and film the seminars.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I suspect we'll get the Warlock Titan before Warlord.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Chapter-Master

Warlock won't be done till the next Eldar IA.

I doubt they will ever realistically do a Warlord. Given the size thats one sculptor dedicated to it and nothing else for 2 years. Not gonna happen.

I don't think we'll see any "titans" for a long time. They likely sell more and make more off the littler projects
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/Forge_World_Open_Day_2013.html"]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/Forge_World_Open_Day_2013.html[/URL] pics are coming up on the site now.

Models are Empire warrior preist and a DKOK quartermaster both £12 each.
    I will be picking these up for definate on Sunday and taking loads of pics on the day.
    MY New blog not much in it at the moment its not long been set up. gerbilmodels.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eventwar2013.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	3850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	event40k2013.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	3851
    Forge world event models just shown up on their event page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast