BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Is anyone else annoyed that the Forge World terrain pieces are all these Realm of Battle boards now? I mean, don't get me wrong - they look awesome and it's great to see such well-detailed pieces. I'd love to have a crashed Thunderhawk for a terrain feature, but the only options you have are buying a real one and intentionally trashing it (for those with more money than sense), scratchbuilding one (for someone on a budget that doesn't mind a cobbled-together eyesore occupying a centerpiece position on their game table), or, to quote Joe Pesci, this... ridiculous... thing! I'm sure that it's probably much easier on them to vaccum-mold these Board segments than to injection-mold individual little terrain pieces (I once worked with a guy that manufactured Star Wars Stormtrooper armor, so I know something vac-formed when I see it.) It's just - with all due respect to the designers - not everybody owns those effing Battle Boards, and just plonking one down on a regular table is wonky, at best

Anyway, just my little mini-rant on the subject. Anyone else think that?
    Last edited by Alrik_40000; 04-06-2013 at 11:19 PM.

The old terrain was too expensive to produce, so I'd rather FW produce these than no terrain at all. Not to mention it isn't hard to make your own boards that fit with RoB boards even if they don't lock together perfectly.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

If they made trench terrain boards with room for artillery positions I'm sure they would convert a lot of people here. Especially if the same on could be placed side by side to extend a real 40k no mans land. I'm hoping with this little offering of love for the krieg that this is on their 'to do' list?

Fly Lord

Tons of Pics here folks - Heresy Land Speeders, new Dreads, Fantasy monsters and more...

We want pics folks!

[url]http://astropate.blogspot.com/2013/04/forge-world-open-day-2013-foto-di-horus.html[/url]
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Tons of Pics here folks - Heresy Land Speeders, new Dreads, Fantasy monsters and more...

We want pics folks!

[url]http://astropate.blogspot.com/2013/04/forge-world-open-day-2013-foto-di-horus.html[/url]
    Wow these are amazing. The Landspeeder looks like its from the '30s, and the Dreadmaw is such a cute little guy.

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewer#album/113133076298418698776/5863987692951380769"]https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewer#album/113133076298418698776/5863987692951380769[/URL]

Chaplain

Good to see some Night Lords stuff

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_40000 View Post
    Is anyone else annoyed that the Forge World terrain pieces are all these Realm of Battle boards now? I mean, don't get me wrong - they look awesome and it's great to see such well-detailed pieces. I'd love to have a crashed Thunderhawk for a terrain feature, but the only options you have are buying a real one and intentionally trashing it (for those with more money than sense), scratchbuilding one (for someone on a budget that doesn't mind a cobbled-together eyesore occupying a centerpiece position on their game table), or, to quote Joe Pesci, this... ridiculous... thing! I'm sure that it's probably much easier on them to vaccum-mold these Board segments than to injection-mold individual little terrain pieces (I once worked with a guy that manufactured Star Wars Stormtrooper armor, so I know something vac-formed when I see it.) It's just - with all due respect to the designers - not everybody owns those effing Battle Boards, and just plonking one down on a regular table is wonky, at best

Anyway, just my little mini-rant on the subject. Anyone else think that?
    Maybe. But the price for the board as a while is less than it would have been as an individual terrain piece. And there is nothing stopping you from taking the board, cutting out around the thunderhawk, then grinding down the bottom to make it sit flusher on the table and using it as a normal terrain piece.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123