BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Daemon-Prince

Default Jim Carry, Owns American Gun Nuts.

Well title speaks for its self but man the ending had my killing my self laughing.

[url]http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0433b30576/cold-dead-hand-with-jim-carrey[/url]
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Well title speaks for its self but man the ending had my killing my self laughing.

[url]http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0433b30576/cold-dead-hand-with-jim-carrey[/url]
    I think Mr. Carrey could have been a bit nicer to the people in my country who have provided him with a very good living for basically being a clown. I find this video to be both inaccurate and mean spirited. Between this and his anti-vaccine stance, I think I have seen my last Jim Carrey movie.

First-Captain

Okay, first off--it's comedy. Chill. While I don't think that it's necessarily all that "in good taste" to mock a dead man for his statements...Heston was a public figure and the same thing happens to other public figures all over. (Gee Dubya, and Tom Cruise come to easy mind.)

And second...he's what, a has-been for the last half-decade or so. Anyone to get a little attention would be my guest. And he's another pseudo-new agey type. (His belief in the law of attraction --a la The Secret.)

Daemon-Prince

Anything making fun of Gun Nuts & Charleston Heston is win.

First-Captain

Why, exactly, is that?

It's not bad, not as brilliant as some are hyping it as. I'm told Heston was the one who turned the NRA from a group of responsible gun owners into a lobby of nutters so if so he deserves everything he gets.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    It's not bad, not as brilliant as some are hyping it as. I'm told Heston was the one who turned the NRA from a group of responsible gun owners into a lobby of nutters so if so he deserves everything he gets.
    He was with his famous "You will have to take this gun form my cold dead hands"

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    He was with his famous "You will have to take this gun form my cold dead hands"
    I was always so very disappointed that Charlton Heston, with all is celebrity, chose to take the fruit loop path when he could have done a huge service to all Americans with a more considered path.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    Okay, first off--it's comedy. Chill. While I don't think that it's necessarily all that "in good taste" to mock a dead man for his statements...Heston was a public figure and the same thing happens to other public figures all over. (Gee Dubya, and Tom Cruise come to easy mind.)

And second...he's what, a has-been for the last half-decade or so. Anyone to get a little attention would be my guest. And he's another pseudo-new agey type. (His belief in the law of attraction --a la The Secret.)
    If it was actually funny, I would agree that as comedy I could give it a pass. To the rest of ya'll, while I may not agree with the NRA all the time, I am what you would call a "gun nut". It comes from being raised in the western US and actually using guns to protect and feed myself. I have found that some urbanites and non-US types folks have no idea what that is like. That's fine and you are entitled to your opinion. Mr. Heston was a mouth piece and the public face of the NRA. Not much else. I stand by my statement about Mr. Carrey.

Guns are an important (and often vital) part of country life, it doesn't change the fact that Heston turned a responsible gun-owners association into a rabid lobby group whose intransigence is ultimately self-harming. I'm not overly fond of Carrey either (I think I've seen two of his films in the past ten years, A Series of Unfortunate Events and A Christmas Carol).
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast