BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Heldrake Tacita

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    5+ inv isnt breaking. Hell DE get them on their vehicles (all of them) for what, 10pts? The 360 turret measured from base facing is the only thing Id see fixed on the Helldrake. Make the thing 180 front arc or drop the str to 5 (6 vs models with i3 or less like the monofiliment rule to keep it str6 vs most vehicles) and call it a day.
    Yeah but the DE don't have it on their flyer (might be mistaken) and are AV 10 vs 12 and aren't hard to hit, and with open topped are easier to destroy.

They are also an edition behind. Guess we will see when they get updated as to what nastiness they get. Honestly Id take a "nerfed" Hell Drake for some upgraded other options in the CSM codex. I dont have a problem with the drake due to the fact that the rest of the codex is a C at best.

Chapter-Master

The Heldrake is stupid because it gets an AP3 Torrent flamer, and it's got a 360 degree turret, and it can vector strike a different target, and it never has to jink, and it's an AV12 Flyer, and it's got Daemonforge, and It Will Not Die, and it's a scoring unit in the Scouring, and it's Possessed, and for all of that, it's pretty cheap. It's not any one thing, it's all the things together.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

You are forgetting that it was introduced in an edition where foot-slogging infantry armies are/were (it is that darned powerful) top dog too. Oh, and that lovely expensive Ravenwing army everyone was having fun with? It hard-counters them as well, so much so that if you don't abuse Hit and Run it is good game on turn three. I love the model, but the rules tick me off to no end, so much so that I've stopped using my pair except for bigger games where their impact is lessened.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    The Heldrake is stupid because it gets an AP3 Torrent flamer, and it's got a 360 degree turret, and it can vector strike a different target, and it never has to jink, and it's an AV12 Flyer, and it's got Daemonforge, and It Will Not Die, and it's a scoring unit in the Scouring, and it's Possessed, and for all of that, it's pretty cheap. It's not any one thing, it's all the things together.
    And it is a daemon, and it can get a +4 invulnerable save, and it can have a +2 invulerable, and it can flame a 5arget 56" from a board edge meaning 2 out of 3 scenerios it can flame whatever, whenever it wants.

I always forget about it will not die is on it and it is possossed. I think it should be able to deep strikie on the board. Funny thing is I never faced a Helldrake yet.

I think it's funny this reach 7 pages. Like this unit really need Tactica.

Here is my Tactica for the helldrake.

Vectorstirke, Vector strike, Vector Strike and burn baby burn. Kill anything that have +3 armour or worst and armour 13 and lower.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567