BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chaplain

i wouldn't print it out, theres a lot of problems with the current release but the next one has a lot of fixes, but i'll look forward to input.
    also i've thought of an interesting unit that could replace the Havocs for World eaters. heres what i've got.

KHORNE REAPERS
    Khorne Reapers stalk the battlefield with their bladed reaper autocannons making short work of infantry and vehicles alike. Unlike most worshippers of Khorne, Reapers enjoy combat at range as much as in close combat. The thundering roar of the autocannon and the death it makes please their god greatly.

Pts/Model WS BS S T W I A LD SV
    Khorne Reaper 35 4 4 4 4 3 4 3 10 3+
    Unit Type:
    • Infantry

Number/Squad:
    • 3 - 8

Wargear:
    • Power armour
    • Reaper Autocannon
    • Frag Grenades
    • Krak Grenades Special Rules:
    • Relentless
    • Icon of Khorne (bonus included in profile)

Options:
    May take melta bombs for 5pts per model

what is people's opinion on this?

C&C welcome

First-Captain

um 1, it aint the worshipers who hate ranged per se, its khorne himself. he thinks its cowadly

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    um 1, it aint the worshipers who hate ranged per se, its khorne himself. he thinks its cowadly
    this is kinda the problem , fans seem to be split between this. got one group who says he doesn't give a s*** and then another who says he does. psykers we all know he hates but ranged seems to be up in the air.

EDIT: though i may keep the name and assaign them as an close combat unit for heavy support. tank hunters specificly

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    he thinks its cowadly
    It's not even that. Khorne hates psykers, but otherwise could care less about how the blood flows. It's just his emphasis on martial skill tends to attract brawlers more than shooters. I could see a special type of khorne devestator squad that had some sort of special rule, maybe allowing them to shoot twice at a BS penalty, or giving them Rage and Relentless so they have to charge forward but fire while doing so. The Khornate Reapers you posted look like a good start.

Something I would suggest is to increase the number of daemonic engines. Defilers can be the generic daemon engine, but I'd add one or two god-specific ones per god. Forgeworld's got a few nurgle ones already, so a tzeentch and slannesh one would also be in order.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Gave the list a look over, and I like the general layout. Here are my thoughts:

Alpha legion:
    Looks good, but there's one little thing I'd change. Well, two, actually. Remove infiltrate from cultists. Let them take Chimeras

Removing infiltrate is just a matter of how I see the army working. The Legion gets up a nice horde of cultists to charge at the enemy, summoning daemons, while the Marines themselves are the ones who sneak around taking advantage of the confusion caused by the cultists.

Giving them Chimeras is just an extra option that could be used to represent traitor guard cultists.

Iron Warriors

Special rules look good. I’d add an option for certain units to get tank hunters for a price boost. I also think the image of a Warsmith with a Thunder Hammer would be pretty cool.

Night Lords

I like the special rules for this. I would, however, change the hit and run options for Raptors to this; Raptors taken as Fast Attack choices gain Hit and Run for free. Raptors may be taken as Troops, but loose Hit and Run.

That makes it a real choice between using Raptors as troops or taking them as fast attack choices. And I kinda thought that limiting them to 10 models for troops was a slightly silly artificial restriction.

Word Bearers

I fully agree with the options to give daemons god-specific modifications while avoiding simply copying and pasting from Codex Daemons. With the removal of the possibility of multiple Greater Daemons, everything looks good here.

Cults
    I’d remove the free champion for having the favored number, as I think that creates an artificial limitation on the flexibility of list-building, but keep the +1 to Daemon reserves. Actually, make it a plus or minus 1 to reserves.

Secondly, granting an option for cult Terminators, Lords, Sorcerers and Daemon Princes is a must. I want a lord with Furious Charge and WS 7 in my berserker army. I want WS 5, Furious Charge Terminators. This is the biggest single thing that I saw that the cult Legions lack. Add this upgrade option for the appropriate cost (6pts/ model for the Mark of Khorne to grant +1 A, +1 WS and Furious Charge, and 30 or so points for Daemon Princes and Lords, for example).

World eaters

Looks good. Keep Havocs in. Definitely keep them in. But give them a special upgrade to make them more Khorne-y. Maybe “Bloodlust: The unit will aggressively engage their enemies from range, closing in steadily while firing relentlessly with their heavy weapons. The unit gains the Rage and Slow and Purposeful USRs.”
    Secondly, while simple Rage is fluffy, it can also be a big disadvantage when you roll that 1 at the wrong time. I’d modify bloodlust to the following: “On a roll of a 1, the unit gains both the Rage and Fleet USRs.” This give the unit a nice advantage to balance the disadvantage, while not being overpowered and still being fluffy.

Death Guard

First off, all Bolters have pistol grips. I’ve never seen a bolter that doesn’t.
    Related to this is the fact that I don’t really see a need to give them True Grit. There’s no real need to include this rule, as everything already has Bolter, Bolt Pistol and CCW anyways. I’d just drop it.

I’d make the Nurgling Infestation I 1 personally, but otherwise I like the upgrades. Nurgle’s rot is really, really good for really cheap, though, wounding anything within 6” on a 4+ for only 20pts. Take two lords in Land Raiders, and watch as they kill an entire ork horde in 2-3 turns without doing anything but drive around. Same thing with Plague Carrier. Way too good for way too cheap against most armies.

Emperor’s Children

Replacing a flamer with a Doom Siren shouldn’t be free.

Aura of Acquiescence doesn’t really make sense. It looks like a disadvantage to me. I don’t see any reason to take it at all.

Needle of Desire is confusingly worded. I’m not really sure exactly how it works. I think it should just be changed to simply being a weapon that inflicts instant death. I could see a servo-harness type weapons that gives the bearer one extra attack that wounds on a 4+ and inflicts instant death, at I 1.

Thousand Sons
    Looks pretty good here.

Minor Psychic Powers:
    I’d remove all the special rules for this, and simply make this a list of god-specific powers and add these to a list of powers that Sorcerers can take. Much simpler and streamlined.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

thanks for the replies, the codex is still in the works and the Non-cult legions are pretty much done. the cult legions are currently being written. and the Korne Reapers have been altered somewhat. update will be soon.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Aura of Acquiescence doesn’t really make sense. It looks like a disadvantage to me. I don’t see any reason to take it at all.
    Its the ability to give an enemy unit fearless when in close combat with a lord with that gift, its more of a tactical gift as you can hold a enemy unit in combat until one side is destroyed. this can work as a double edged sword.

E.G ten guardsmen in a squad engage your lord you kill enough of them to take - 2 on their leadership but becuase of Aura of Acquiescence the unit doesn't take a leadership test but takes an addtional 2 wounds.

EDIT: added a progression status on the first post.
    Last edited by The Madman; 05-08-2010 at 10:18 AM.

i seem to be having trouble downloadin the document. broken link?
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

Chaplain

I going over the rules again to after as i've had some motivation thrown at me (no idea where it came from) so hopefully i will get V2.0 soon.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123