BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

If I were a Necron player I'd be mightily miffed, that's a minute selection of units and most are just variants of codex units.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

These new HH vehicles are all looking like Tau vehicles, especially that Fellblade variant.

Not really.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

It's the smooth curves and the indented lines running around them, they look very similar. That Fellglaive turret almost looks like it could be a Hammerhead turret.

Those Palantines are lovely, I hope the EC also get Fulgrim's Phoenix Guard, it would be great to see them battling Morlock Guard.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    If I were a Necron player I'd be mightily miffed, that's a minute selection of units and most are just variants of codex units.
    This is my face at that news:

It's like IA11's treatment of the Corsairs all over again.

Yup, but IA11 had the redeeming virtue of also having the phantom titan, lynx, hornets, wasps, shadow spectres, phoenix lord, warp hunter as well as the corsairs. I was actually looking forward to IA12 if only because it brings a hopefully Dark Eldar laden IA13 closer. Now I'm not sure I want to set myself up for such disappointment.

Glad to see I'm not the only one noticing a slight... "whiff" of familiarity to the land speeder
    A lot of nice stuff there though, I admit to having always been a little indifferent to the Heresy range, but I'll never deny they're a nice addition.
    In a way I sort of wish Fw would do for 40k what they've been doing for WFB lately - oddities, monsters and mercenaries - be nice to see a bit more of that in 40k (substituting "monsters" for new aliens of any kind).

That Dread Maw is a very tempting "surprise" for my games of Inquisitor
    Last edited by Heroka Vendile; 04-07-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post

not really, there is a lot of necron stuff there, far more than minotaurs for example.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Initiate

Nothing for guard :-( not a single new Krieg mini :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    not really, there is a lot of necron stuff there, far more than minotaurs for example.
    The Minotaurs list is odd in that there are only HQ and heavy support. But the Minotaurs still have access to virtually the entire FW SM range, Necrons have a handful of things.

Don't misunderstand, I like that hte Minotaurs are getting some attention (classical themed chapters ftw) it's just that Necrons seem to be getting much less attention that even xenos armies usually get. For a book that is ostensibly focusing on war across an entire sector is just seems really sparse.
    Last edited by eldargal; 04-07-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast