BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Here's a pic to add to the thread that I just spotted on Resin Forge's facebook page:

Heresy Era Whirlwind

Very odd looking turret!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Yup. Gone with the 'Shark' style missile launcher. Personally I was expecting the old Box Launcher in terms of style, and I'm not entirely sold on this one. However I'm not fussed for Whirlwinds at the best of times, so I guess moot (yes moot, not mute) point is moot (but definitely not mute).
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

The turret looks like an homage to the old rogue trader missile launchers. Not bad though.

A couple of quick comments from talking to the design team today, have a few pictures to stick up later but i think we've seen all the new stuff by now (did someone post the HH whirlwind? - nevermind :P).

On the land speeder... it was pointed out that the weapon mounts are the same as those found on the predator, so anything available there *could* be attached. They did however note that lascannons may not actually be a valid selection...

I asked a few of the design team about the possibility of Imperial Army miniatures being included but the response wasn't overly positive - hardly suprising but as an IG player i thought i'd ask.

More mechanicus (robots specifically, dread sized or larger) units were aknowledged... smaller models (skitarii etc) probably not, for now.

Theres at least one more Fellblade variant to come after the glaive. Not sure if the glaive is in the first book but thats one seriously large volkite weapon.

The new lightning model was a byproduct of the avenger design process... he's not expecting to redo the thunderbolt or put out another navy flyer any time soon.

IA vol 3 second edition (updated to include all FW Tau with 6th ed rules) was on display, should be out in a few months. Presumably this means vol 2 is out very soon? They couldn't confirm, suspicious...

The minotaur dread-character has a unique looking assault cannon in some of the artwork but the model displayed had a plasma cannon. Not sure if this means options are included, someone with access to the book might confirm?

I heard the same conversation thats already been mentioned about Fulgrim being complete and coming next - designer said he and Ferrus are fighting each other? Not sure if he meant to imply that they're a diorama style set or if they are just modelled as though they are engaged in combat.

The heavy volkite weapons haven't been modelled yet apparently so i wouldn't expect them soon.

Sorry if a lot of this has been said already reading on tiny phone screen so hard to keep track
    Last edited by LordScrambles; 04-07-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LordScrambles View Post
    Theres at least one more Fellblade variant to come after the glaive. Not sure if the glaive is in the first book but thats one seriously large volkite weapon.
    Well that answers my question from earlier as to what that cannon was. An Uber-Volkite Cannon. Nasty!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post

If I were a Necron player I'd be mightily miffed, that's a minute selection of units and most are just variants of codex units.
    I notice that Page 115 is "Dedicated Transports" for Necrons....but no models listed for that section.....Does this mean that there are none (and if there are none then why even have a section for them), or is the ToC is incorrect...

Battle-Brother

right notes from FW open day.

the two praetor models (one in Cataphractii terminator armour with paragon blade and volkite charger, other in artificer armour with paragon blade and archotech pistol) was sent off for production 2 weeks ago; so should be on sale within the month.

talking to alan blight, looks like massacre and isstavan 5 prt 2 are being worked on together as a single project. massacre will be out for gamesday uk this year. with prt2 (mention name "extermination" but still undecided) out early 2014 (jan-feb)

legion Tartaros pattern terminators on display. not much difference other than the crux terminatus not on the shoulder, but kit comes with a reaper autocannon instead of heavy flamer.

all legions has a single power armoured marine design painted already. mostly to fix their colour schemes in advance. alpha legion scheme is epic.

everything else i can think off is covered already.

EDIT: forgot. they released their new updated catalogue at the event as well. had LUNA WOLVES brass etchings and transfer sheet in it. can only guess should pads and vehicle doors will follow soon after.
    Last edited by thomas40kfanboy; 04-07-2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: extra information added.

Storm Chimera?

That whirlwind looks like crap!
    Really disappointing
    Its a missile launcher and I cant see how the heresy affected its design to change it later on

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post

If I were a Necron player I'd be mightily miffed, that's a minute selection of units and most are just variants of codex units.
    mh not that I'm thrilled but it might have been worse... no new Super Heavy is a huge disappointment of course but three new special characters, variants on about half the units and some of the other new stuff sounds pretty cool (wondering what a Tomb Sentinel in Fast Attack might be...)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast