BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Market gets what the market wants I'm afraid, and sadly FW have a set amount of resources. Got to channel that to where the best profits are.

But on the bright side, Trish Carden (according to WD) now works for WF full time. With any luck this is just the tip of an expansion iceberg. Just has to be done by degrees.

Still looking forward to it!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

The problem with that is if they just go for the easy money they would only be making Marine releases. Not to mention the fact that neglecting xenos/WFB forms a circle where people stop playing xenos/WFB. They also said that the HH series would not impact IA or WF releases and now apparently it is.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    They also said that the HH series would not impact IA or WF releases and now apparently it is.
    I think that was always wishful thinking on their part, if you have the same writers, artists and sculptors working on HH and WF/IA then one is bound to suffer whenever the other is being worked on. Rather naive of them to say that that would not be the case. That said they have been recruiting more staff to expand the company, but that is a slow process. Even so we've seen over the past 18 months that FW have gone from fortnightly/monthly releases to almost weekly (sometimes even twice weekly) so the pace is picking up though a lot of that is HH.

Missed the bit about Trish working for WF fulltime in White Dwarf, really happy to hear that, here's hoping she's assigned to getting models made of all those Monstrous Aracana critters that still need them. Pretty major coup to grab her from the GW studio considering WFB's current policy of every army must have a big uber creature and the ongoing addition of monstrous cavalry to most books.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

I knew this would happen if they went down the HH route. They could do so much with WF and all they are basically doing is producing big monsters that look nice but hardly anybody uses. If they did a Warhammer version of Imperial Armour (which I think is basically what BfBFP is supposed to be), they would see a big jump in WF sales.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

As long as they reinvest profits I see this as a win/win situation as the growth in the company will spur them on and it's only a matter of time before whfb gets the HH treatment. Admittedly it's going to be harder to model an. Empire flagellant than a space marine and take longer but it fantasy will get its hey day.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by dannypwo View Post
    it's only a matter of time before whfb gets the HH treatment.
    I would LOVE to see WF do books to cover the Time of Legends books from Black Library. A book or two covering the Nagash trilogy would be just awesome. Another one on the Sundering trilogy with models for the various pleasure cults and such would be pretty cool too.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Another angle of the Dread Maw, from baddice.co.uk:

Another angle of the Troll Mother (breasts or gtfo)
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    I would LOVE to see WF do books to cover the Time of Legends books from Black Library. A book or two covering the Nagash trilogy would be just awesome. Another one on the Sundering trilogy with models for the various pleasure cults and such would be pretty cool too.
    I don't see that happening. If they can't currently manage to produce an IA style book for the current rules, there is no hope of them doing a ToL series. I'm not sure it would be a big enough seller for them to bother either. Furthermore, as EG has said on this before, the races involved would be very different from the current game. All the stuff that makes the Empire army what it is today would not be present in Sigmar era army, which would effectively be a generic Bronze age style army led by Sigmar. The reason the HH game works is it's basically just marines with slightly different stuff, whereas with ToL you would be making entire new armies from scratch, just so people can field Sigmar and Nagash in games.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I think we'll mostly be looking at Monsters from WF, for the simple reason there isn't a great deal you can do with infantry by comparison.

And as a Fantasy diehard, I bloody love my big Monsters! Now I'm back on my financial feet, I think I'll go back to collecting one of each, simply for painting and modelling. They're lovely models, and a positive step away from the S shaped Dragons of yore!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    They're lovely models, and a positive step away from the S shaped Dragons of yore!
    Ohhh the S shaped Dragons... they were so bad!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast