BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

I'm told that the codex authors aren't the ones that layout the print for the book - and that when they send off the content to the layout team, the layout team has to "make things fit" on pages in order to be printed. Sometimes this means chopping off rules and such.

I think what these FAQs are - are clarifications stemming from this "pruning" that takes place just prior to print.

It sounds ridiculous to me too.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I'm told that the codex authors aren't the ones that layout the print for the book - and that when they send off the content to the layout team, the layout team has to "make things fit" on pages in order to be printed. Sometimes this means chopping off rules and such.

I think what these FAQs are - are clarifications stemming from this "pruning" that takes place just prior to print.

It sounds ridiculous to me too.
    I highly doubt the layout team is allowed to remove any rules content. Fluff maybe but I even doubt that. They make the information fit the layout, if they need more room I am sure it easier to add a page then remove content

Quote Originally Posted by Bobofreak View Post
    I highly doubt the layout team is allowed to remove any rules content. Fluff maybe but I even doubt that. They make the information fit the layout, if they need more room I am sure it easier to add a page then remove content
    You can't simply add a page to a book. At a minimum, pages are added in sets of four. So changing page length is rarely an option. Removing content or changing the size of certain pieces of art, as well as occasionally reordering words are the most practical methods of getting content to fit into the space allotted.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, printing isn't as simple as most people think it is. It's not like you can just pull up your word file, click print, set to 10,000 copies, and just let it run.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

MY New blog not much in it at the moment its not long been set up. gerbilmodels.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123