BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    LOL that would rock.
    I suggested this 6 months ago. The problems being that random nerds don't know how to run a business!

Quote Originally Posted by Phototoxin View Post
    I suggested this 6 months ago. The problems being that random nerds don't know how to run a business!
    *cough* And GW obviously does. *cough*

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by niclebel View Post
    We don't need to run it as shareholders, we elect an CEO who can run it while managing cuts in prices or sales etc where needed
    For the Greater good.

Fly Lord

Denzark wrote:
    I make the total shares Bigred published, as 57.7% of total issue in Jan, and 52.1% in Mar. So, where has the remaining 5.6% gone, back to some pot or the minority share holders?
    Good question. A recent GW shareholder notice dated April 2 2013 included this:

As at the date of this announcement the Company had 31,732,213 issued ordinary shares of 5 pence each admitted to trading. Each ordinary share carries the right to one vote in relation to all circumstances at general meetings of the Company. The Company does not hold any ordinary shares in Treasury.
    Compared to this Shareholder notice dated January 1 2013:

As at the date of this announcement the Company had 31,729,988 issued ordinary shares of 5 pence each admitted to trading. Each ordinary share carries the right to one vote in relation to all circumstances at general meetings of the Company. The Company does not hold any ordinary shares in Treasury.
    Last edited by Bigred; 04-09-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Default According to stock exchange rules...

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I make the total shares Bigred published, as 57.7% of total issue in Jan, and 52.1% in Mar. So, where has the remaining 5.6% gone, back to some pot or the minority share holders?
    ...only shareholders with more than about 3% of the issued shares need to be included on official announcements of this sort. So the remaining shares will be held by minority shareholders, along with the other of the 52.1%.

kickstarter would be a really good option in this case.... seeing the amount of cash required to get a hold of a sigificant amount of shares to have a real vote in how the business is ran. but its an nice thought really :P

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by niclebel View Post
    Obviously GW have grown and expanded from the last 30 years without knowing how to run a business...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney bought out GW in the next few years.

People have been saying Hasbro will buy them in a couple of years for a decade or more.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    People have been saying Hasbro will buy them in a couple of years for a decade or more.
    Hasbro can get their act together and make a sequel to BotF instead...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast