BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Brother-Captain

Crossing universes, as I am wont to do, the being meat fueled sounded more Cryxian than Dark Eldar. I like it, I also like the idea of a Necron model desperately trying to fit things in its non-articulated mouth hole. It doesn't even have to be gory, I like the idea of one trying to enjoy a restaurant.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    So maybe they should hire some people who like to work on xenos kits. Because at the moment there are huge incentives to collect IoM armies simply because you have such a variety of vehicles and infantry kits available it's a lot easier to make your army look unique without having to convert anything.
    Indeed - the problem becomes a self fulfilling one too, with more market for Imperials due to a majority of people collecting them over any specific Xenos, and maybe/probably more Imperials collected than all Xenos combined. However, then with more model options for them, they become more appealing too.

For IA11, I think my biggest issue with it wasn't necessarily the loss, but the way that almost every paragraph seemed to follow the pattern of "Imperials looked doomed due to Eldar awesomeness. Situation desperate for Imperials. Imperials do something awesome. Imperials win specific skirmish". Only at the end do the Eldar seem to score their little victory of rescuing Irillyth due to some very James-Bond-Villian-esque behaviour from the Inquisitor (I have a huge army at my disposal but I'll only take a handful of men so that you can easily escape type thing). There's a few specific bits that come to mind too that are individually irritatingly stupid, like where a couple of war walkers are leading space marine bikes into an ambush by Wraithguard / Wraithseer... yet then don't actually take any part in the ambush themselves leaving the ambushers to get messed up by the SW.

Eldargal - my interpretation of the very end of it was that it didn't end well for Mymeara. Although they rescued Irillyth, I thought it implied that they had also brought about their own impending doom in doing so? Under the basis that he was dispatched to prevent that doom, I would say at best that they "managed to score a VP for a secondary objective" as it were, but far from a "win".

Also, with comment of 5/12 IA books featuring Xenos: none to my knowledge are Xenos vs. Xenos, meaning ALL feature Imperials....

Mmm, I agree that the "Imperials are the most popular, give them more models" is probably a vicious cycle - probably because it leads to lots of interesting variation. The Eldar could probably be varied into distinct factions too; "normal" Eldar, Wraith-construct-heavy "necromancers", savage Wildriders, expanded Harlequins, Exodites, Corsairs, "normal" Dark Eldar, Haemonculous Cabals and so forth.

Perhaps if Forgeworld use Chaos as the "relatable human" faction instead of Imperials for a book or two - say, a book where an Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequin alliance defends the Black Library from Ahriman's prodigal sons. That'd let Forgeworld focus on making some fun Tzeentch-specific models (say, the Tzeentch flyers from Epic), to give Daemons a Flyer option), but also release a couple of Eldar/Dark Eldar models and include a usable Harlequin army list. Perhaps even some Old One tech that can be shared between all Eldar factions.

I like the sound of this Necron Dynasty tho, it goes back to the imagery of the "Red Harvest" which was completely abandoned in the current codex.
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 04-11-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234