BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

It would be nice if Forge World didn't feel the need to shoe-horn Marines into every IA book. Mymeara really didn't need them and Armour of Gork would have been fine without. I just hope that Orpheus actually uses them in the story, rather than them being add-ons for the sake of sales.

Edit: and the Imperial wins are usually rather pyrrhic or tagged with long lasting negative consequences. Vraks was trashed and its armouries emptied, the IA8 mission was mostly a failure, we know what happened with Badab, and the others have been straight losses.
    I would like to see a book where the Imperials are on the offensive and actually win, rather than it being a defensive or reactionary action. IA8 was a big disappointment in that we had this huge airborne assault force... who all get shot down and surrounded and fight a defensive ground war.

Edit edit: I'd also like to see much more xenos stuff in the books, Mymeara was a major let down on that front.
    Last edited by Gotthammer; 04-10-2013 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    They win most of 'em though. IA11 was The Doom of Mymeara and said doom was averted by the eldar success so I'm not sure that is indicative. I'll be thrilled to be wrong, but I'm just not sure FW can see past Marines at the moment.
    Dude! (Dudette?) They won a single campaign, spread over three books (or was it two? Memory is on the blink). That's not most of them!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Meh, my cynicism about FW has just been heightened lately, it's true that the IA books featuring xenos (5 of twelve) the IoM comes out behind but their marine fell-atio is also reaching unparalleled heights so I'll believe the Necrons win when I see it.

Nice to know then that it might just be eldar who get the short straw in IAs though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

But they're called Imperial Armour, what were you expecting [/sarcasm] - actually had someone say that to me once... if I rolled my eyes any more my optic nerves would have detached.

The figure of 5/12 books featuring xenos is terrible, especially with how light the info often is. That there was such a huge block of Vraks & Badab in the middle hasn't helped either. I'm still holding hope that this book will be: 1) more in-depth on the xenos race featured, and 2) not as appallingly edited as IA12. My copy is ordered so I shall do my obligatory review when it arrives. (also, no signing the first 500 copies anymore)

Gotthammer....if you can wait, I should be able to pick you up a copy and have it signed at the HH Weekender, then post it out to you?

Dunno if that saves you the aussie cashdollarmoney as well?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Banned

Nah, it's no biggie but thanks for the offer just a bit of an annoyance as all my others are signed and everything must be the same!

Only saving would perhaps be a little on postage as it's paid for in pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    But they're called Imperial Armour, what were you expecting [/sarcasm] - actually had someone say that to me once... if I rolled my eyes any more my optic nerves would have detached.
    With that attitude from customers if they aren't careful all we will see from FW will be Marines vs Marines.

[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Horus_Heresy"]Wait a second...[/URL]

Maybe FW have gone for depth over breadth when it comes to Necrons in IA12, given the relative dearth of releases compared to what eldar/orks/tau got in their respective books? Can but hope, but optimism levels low.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

From the blurb, it looks like it's a Dynasty being consumed by the Flayer Virus.

sounds cool to me!

But I will get this one, despite having sold off all my others, simply because I currently (and will for a long time) play Necrons. New rules? COOL! New models? COOL! New background? EVEN COOLERER!

But overall yeah....less Marines would be nice, even though I'm doing a HH army.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Horus_Heresy"]Wait a second...[/URL]

[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Armour_Books/IMPERIAL-ARMOUR-VOLUMES-NINE-AND-TEN---THE-BADAB-WAR.html"]*ahem*[/URL]

Feel a bit bad making fun of them as they're really good books.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    From the blurb, it looks like it's a Dynasty being consumed by the Flayer Virus.

sounds cool to me!

But I will get this one, despite having sold off all my others, simply because I currently (and will for a long time) play Necrons. New rules? COOL! New models? COOL! New background? EVEN COOLERER!

But overall yeah....less Marines would be nice, even though I'm doing a HH army.
    Shame they didn't invent any new Flayer units for it then. I always thought that concept has a lot of untapped potential - especially with the horror angle. Could of done some corrupted canoptek unit that uses the flesh or blood of it's victims to power itself for example, or a warped fleshy themed c'tan shard, or horrifying organ-collecting scarabs ect.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast