BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Shame they didn't invent any new Flayer units for it then. I always thought that concept has a lot of untapped potential - especially with the horror angle. Could of done some corrupted canoptek unit that uses the flesh or blood of it's victims to power itself for example, or a warped fleshy themed c'tan shard, or horrifying organ-collecting scarabs ect.
    getting a bit dark elder there though.

forge world are not required to use any races, they do what they fancy doing. given that they set up making guard tanks it is no wonder they always feature humans in some form. they make and write what they want to.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    They win most of 'em though. IA11 was The Doom of Mymeara and said doom was averted by the eldar success so I'm not sure that is indicative. I'll be thrilled to be wrong, but I'm just not sure FW can see past Marines at the moment.
    > Sees more anti-Marine posts from eldargal
    > Grabs pistol
    > Places a shot through the nose...

(oh, and before I get a witty retort, I have gone back to my old days of being a solo Tau player so any Marine love comments fizzle out...)
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Shame they didn't invent any new Flayer units for it then. I always thought that concept has a lot of untapped potential - especially with the horror angle. Could of done some corrupted canoptek unit that uses the flesh or blood of it's victims to power itself for example, or a warped fleshy themed c'tan shard, or horrifying organ-collecting scarabs ect.
    But we won't know that until the book is out.

I for one don't expect them to just be the same units with a themes name.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Copy paste from another forum:

================================================== ======
    Flayed Ones don’t have Shred but Maynarkh Flayed Ones 10pts and other units such as Maynarkh OverLords 5pts, Maynarkh Lords 5pts, Maynarkh Warriors10pts, Maynarkh Immortals 10pts and

Charnel Lynchguard 10pts can be upgraded to have Flensing Scarabs which give Shred rule in the first round of assault for the points above.

New Scarabs called Charnel Scarabs have Shred and Rending but no Entropic Strike, WS improved to 3 from 2 and is 20 points a base so extra 5 points to upgrade to Charnel type, everything else the same.

New Sentry Pylon (HS Choice), 135pts each basic with 120″ S9 AP2 Heavy 2 Gauss Exterminator, has interceptor and skyfire, is artillery with 3 Wounds, 3+ save and T7, can take 1-3 in battery’s, +40pts for Heat Cannon 36″ S10 AP1 Heavy 2 Blast Melta or +25pts for Focussed Death Ray pick point in 24″ roll 3D6 and extend line between the two points, S10 AP1 Heavy 1.

Tomb Stalker is still 205pts but i still think its better due to the rules it has than previous ones.

Toholk the Blinded 125pts WS, BS & S 4, T5, W2, I2 A2 3+Sv, Aeonstave, Timesplinter Cloak and Trans Beamer, Slow and Purposeful, always gets the +1 or -1 to your reserve rolls if is your warlord, unit joined gains night vision and cannot be blinded, may also reroll a single D6 in each of their turns, other ability at start of game roll D3, this amount of vehicles in your army get the It Will Not Die rule and regenerate Hull Points on a 5+ of which you choose.

10 warriors in a unit minimum instead of 5 no points difference with the Maynarkh units compared to their standard counterparts, need two troop choices filled in before can use Immortals ie they cant be used in compulsory slots as they are classed as rare in the Maynarkh army but really its just so people field more Flayed Ones.

Almost forgot to mention but the Dark Harvest army list can be taken as Allies of Convenience for a Necron Codex army or vice versa so the usual things apply ie cant join the other necron codex characters to the Dark Harvest units etc.
    Acanthrites still have 3+ save, 50pts each, 3-9 per unit.

Charnal Lychguard 5-10 a unit, 45pts base per model, Swords and Shields +5pts, comes with Rage, Fear and only one unit allowed per Overlord in the army.

There’s an image with the other Overlord’s rule’s page on FW’s site.
    [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/FW_IA12-108-109.jpg"]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/FW_IA12-108-109.jpg[/URL]

===============================================

Rending and rerolling wounds (shred) on WS 3 Scarabs? 50 Attacks on the charge... nasty business indeed!

Rumor has it that the Tomb Stalker has been moved to the rarely used Elite slot.
    Last edited by Maelstorm; 04-10-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Probably. At least with IA11 the Eldar goal wasn't destruction/conquest so both sides could convincingly be written as winning, hard to see how this could be the case with the Necrons who are much more about conquest in general. Maybe FW will surprise us and have the Necrons win but I doubt it.
    Really? Usually the Imperium loses big time in the Forgeworld Books.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Maelstrom, any posts of the dkok lowdown by any chance? Those sentry pylons look pretty bad news for the krieg

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post

forge world are not required to use any races, they do what they fancy doing. given that they set up making guard tanks it is no wonder they always feature humans in some form. they make and write what they want to.
    So maybe they should hire some people who like to work on xenos kits. Because at the moment there are huge incentives to collect IoM armies simply because you have such a variety of vehicles and infantry kits available it's a lot easier to make your army look unique without having to convert anything.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by dannypwo View Post
    Maelstrom, any posts of the dkok lowdown by any chance? Those sentry pylons look pretty bad news for the krieg
    Scrounging for scraps wherever I can find them....
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Mmm! Death Rayalicious!

Certainly one hell of a way of locking down a flank!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Maybe, but if it's done in a sufficiently different way (i.e. Matrix style) then personally - I don't mind as there's already a ton of overlap between factions anyway and I don't think an obscure IA list will ruin things, of course others may beg to differ in which case each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    But we won't know that until the book is out.

I for one don't expect them to just be the same units with a themes name.
    That's a fair point The rules side however is personally completely irrelevant to me since I don't use official 40k rules as I have extremely poor memorization skills. If you mean maybe they'll do Conversion kits for warriors, immortals ect like they did for Eldar Corsairs or Nurgle and Khorne chaos marines - that would indeed be awesome!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast