BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default 1000 points of Tau

A friend of mine made this list. I think it is pretty cool, and substantially different from past Tau.
    'Aggressive'.

HQ [195]
    - Shadowsun (135), 2x MV52 Shield Drones (40), Command Drone (20)

ELITES [211]
    - 6 Stealth Suites (180), Bonding Knives (6), 2 Fusion Blasters (10), Vectored Retrothrusters (5), 2 Target Locks (10)

TROOPS
    Team One [229]
    - 10 Fire Warriors (90), Shas'ui (10), Carbines (0), 2 Marker Drones (24)
    - Devilfish (80), Disruption Pod (15), Point Defense (10)

Team Two [229]
    - 10 Fire Warriors (90), Shas'ui (10), Carbines (0), 2 Marker Drones (24)
    - Devilfish (80), Disruption Pod (15), Point Defense (10)

Hv SUPPORT [131]
    - Sky Ray (115), Disruption Pod (15), Blacksun Filter (1), Automated Repair System (5), TL-Smart Missile System (0)
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

I think this list represents a new direction for Tau. Or, more of a representation of what Tau should be.

The army works well if it stays together. The firepower is shorter range than normal, however, by getting in close, and then relying on Fire Support, the army can clear areas quickly.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

First-Captain

Its an interesting list. A list i could copy if I had the shadowsun model and my opponents let me use my rilfes as carbines to test out
    For the Greater good.

I like it, I think Fish of Fury will be back on the rise with the new Tau, with Carbines being Assault two and being able to get your devilfish to support in the overwatch is really devastating (at least on paper) The Stealth suits I think are pretty cool, and with Shadowsun would be deadly. For 1000pts I think this list is very hard hitting and other 1000pt armies might struggle to deal with the damage output.

Has anyone given this list a go or a variant of it? I would love a breakdown of the game. What went well, what you would change about the list.