BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Secret Weapon Miniatures Terrain Tiles

A great looking set of 1x1foot tiles from Secret Weapon Miniatures (they also make top notch resin bases and pigments).
    A little pricey for my needs, but already over $80,000 funded in 2 days!
    [url]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1084069684/tablescapes-by-secret-weapon-miniatures[/url]

I know of several gaming groups that all pitched in to buy a set with the walls and other terrain bonuses.

Brother-Captain

There is already a thread on this down in the kickstarter forum.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    There is already a thread on this down in the kickstarter forum.
    Oh, shoot! I didn't realize there was a Kickstarter forum. Thanks.
    Mods, feel free to delete this (not that you need my okay, anyway )

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    Oh, shoot! I didn't realize there was a Kickstarter forum. Thanks.
    Mods, feel free to delete this (not that you need my okay, anyway )
    I think it's fine to post a new thread here about the terrain tiles. I personally won't ever visit the Kickstarter Forum, but I'm sure interested to know of the existence of these tiles for when they're out on the market.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by henrythesecond View Post
    I think it's fine to post a new thread here about the terrain tiles. I personally won't ever visit the Kickstarter Forum, but I'm sure interested to know of the existence of these tiles for when they're out on the market.

Cheers.
    This is exactly why I'm not keen on stuffing the Kickstarters out of sight down towards the bottom of the forum main page. Far fewer people will see it than they would in the 40k/WFB news sections and new terrain/models available that can be used in 40k/WFB is still news. Podcasts and other non-official things are allowed but Kickstarters get relegated to a sub forum.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Well...it is basically free advertising. On a site that makes it's money from ads. I can understand the impulse to keep them all together in one spot that's not near the top of the forum page. I could be way off base here though.

So is talking about GW stuff and as far as I know GW doesn't pay for ad space. Some retailers who sell GW products might but then they may also eventually sell the products that come out of the Kickstarters.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Frankly, I would prefer Kickstarter threads here in News and Rumours. As long as it's one notice the Kickstarter exists, and then folks discussing it, that's legit to news and rumors, same way Bitspudlo has one thread that they resurrect when they have new stuff. New stuff is new stuff, and that's what this sub-forum is for.

So, getting back to talking about this particular Kickstarter, I really don't see the fuss, its a good looking tile, but 1x1 tiles just really turn me off, too many lines all over the table, i know its easier to store, but I hate the look of tables with 1x1 tiles

Quote Originally Posted by OrksOrksOrks View Post
    So, getting back to talking about this particular Kickstarter, I really don't see the fuss, its a good looking tile, but 1x1 tiles just really turn me off, too many lines all over the table, i know its easier to store, but I hate the look of tables with 1x1 tiles

I use to use 1 foot terrain tiles (made on top of commercial wooden floor tiles), but I stopped for one big reason... not only are the lines annoying, but people figured out they could park their models right before a line and use the tiles to measure distances. After a week, everyone was doing it. They now collect dust in boxes.

If I ever did anything like that again, they'd all be random sizes and shapes on top of some kind of giant surface, also covered in random shapes and lines, just so no one could use it to premeasure distances again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast