BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 2500 Point Daemons Gladiator List

I'm trying to figure out a good 1723 point addition to Scabiethrax for the Adepticon Gladiator next Friday. I really think Scabiethrax kinda sucks for his points, but that's what I decided to build, so I must plunge forward! For those who have not heard of it, it's a 2500 point double FOC game, with a single Gargantuan Creature (or superheavy up to 4 Structure pts.) which takes up the entire second Primary Detachment.

Okay, my first idea was all Daemons of course, monster mash:

Bloodthirster/2 Greaters/1 Lesser
    GUO/1 Exalted (Grimoire)/1 Greater/Mastery 3
    10 Plaguebearers
    14 Plaguebearers
    10 Horrors
    10 Horrors
    10 Daemonettes
    Daemon Prince/Nurgle/Wings/Armor/Mastery 3
    Daemon Prince/Khorne/Wings/Armor/2 Greaters/1 Lesser
    Aegis/Comms Relay

My second idea, with some CSM Allies:

Bloodthirster/2 Greaters/1 Lesser
    GUO/1 Exalted (Grimoire)/1 Greater/Mastery 3
    10 Plaguebearers
    10 Plaguebearers
    10 Horrors
    10 Horrors
    10 Daemonettes
    CSM Daemon Prince/Wings/Armor/Nurgle/The Black Mace/Ichor Blood (extra 5 points)
    10 Cultists
    3 Obliterators/Nurgle/VOLTW
    Aegis/Comms Relay

My third idea, more CSM Allies:

GUO/1 Exalted (Grimoire)/1 Greater/Mastery 3........OR.........Lord of Change/1 Exalted (Grimoire)/1 Lesser/Mastery 3
    10 Plaguebearers
    14 Plaguebearers
    10 Horrors
    10 Horrors
    CSM Lord/Khorne/Juggernaut/Sigil/The AXE
    CSM Lord/Nurgle/Bike/Sigil/The MACE/Combi-melta
    10 Cultists
    10 Cultists
    5 Spawn
    3 Obliterators/Nurgle/VOLTW
    2 Obliterators/Nurgle/VOLTW
    Aegis/Comms Relay

So what do people think? The Gladiator is such a no-holds barred smackdown style list parade, I don't plan on winning the thing, but I don't want to get eviscerated with ease every game either. So aside from big fatty poo-poo, I figure a bunch of cheapo scoring units that I can maybe keep off the board until Turn 4 might actually be useful. And I do like my Lords, and the Oblits can supply some sorely missed ranged firepower.

But is the third list too light on the Daemons? Am I thinking all wrong here? Perhaps the GUO is best replaced by the Lord of Change, because of the LOC's speed and combat effectiveness with his Staff of Change? I know I severely lack anti-air, but can Prescience on some Oblits help that out? Or should I go for the Icarus Lascannon and just chance the Troops' arrival? Or should I just go Monster Mash and hope for the best? That would certainly be fun for at least 1 Turn, as that may be all the game lasts with that list

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Initiate

Not to knit pick but i'd lump the 20 cultists into one squad. If you use them you're going to lose them and you might as well only give up one kill point.

^Ditto, Cultists will not survive a battle. At least 20 will in theory last longer, meaning they tarpit for just a little bit longer. Plus as Timothy just said, one kill point over two unnecessary ones. Given the nature of Daemon forces, don't give away any unnecessary VPs.

I prefer the latter two lists IMO, as CSM cover the Daemon's weakness in range pretty well. Still, I don't play Daemons, so I can't help much with their units I'm afraid. Good Gaming my friend