BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default where are all the multi parts

Well I was looking at what some people have been doing in the way of converting and was thinking about buying a few multi-part hq kits just to play with and I can't find them :'( please tell me I'm just blind but it looks like no more multi part HQ kits now this I find a real pain as they were perfect (well for those like I who don't have much of a bits box) for fooling around

There never were many multipart HQ kits, Space Marine Commander, Chaos Space Marine Commander, Empire Wizard and the Orc Warboss are the only ones that spring to mind really, they are all still available, plastic kits are expensive and to recoup the cost, GW needs a lot of people to buy them, most people will only buy one or 2 HQ units, thats why only a few armies can affordably get them, the single pose plastics we're getting now are the best we can hope for realistically, much cheaper to machine as they only take up a quarter of the space, so several can be done on one mold,
    Last edited by OrksOrksOrks; 04-15-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Chaplain

hmm yer I get that, think they should sell bits though, oh yer theirs lots of bits sites XD

Quote Originally Posted by jgebi View Post
    hmm yer I get that, think they should sell bits though, oh yer theirs lots of bits sites XD
    not for much longer, GW has said that anyone buying from them through a trade account must now sell the modelkit whole, there were rumors that GW was going to get back into the bits game themselves but nothing has shown up yet

Battle-Brother

I hope something improves in the bits category. If I want markerlight drones, I'm not going to buy a box of stealth suits just to get the single drone.