BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Black Templars Fading Away?

Retailers now reporting Black Templar kits unavailable for restocking...

Hmm, the plot thickens...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

This may be to make them a store only product, like some other special kits... I doubt they will be discontinuing it or anything ... (figures crossed).
    Perhaps we are the new 40k codex... (doubtful)

This happened a week or two ago. Everyone on B&C was rumbling about it. It all came back up, so some were just assuming they were reorganizing their product layout, or something like that...

Edit: Oops. read that wrong, thought you meant the GW site, not various retailers. The GW site did remove them for a short while, like I'd said, but this is different... Can't see it meaning anything big, though
    Last edited by TheAngryTemplar; 04-15-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: oops

Chapter-Master

I'll point out that BT are far from the only things being out of stock. Something's messed up with GW's supply chain in general atm, from what I've heard from some of the store owners I know.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

This just in: Sadly, no one gives a rat's *** about Black Templars.

Chapter-Master

So, on the one hand, as a Blood Angels player, I totally get why Black Templars players would be really bummed if their codex were to disappear the Space Marines codex, with only a banner or a special character or something to establish some remnant of their former uniqueness.

On the other hand... dude, there are a lot of Space Marine codices: Black Templars, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Grey Knights, and Space Wolves. Black space marines, red space marines, green space marines, grey space marines, and other grey space marines. Five codices. And the Imperium's side of the 40k universe also has the Imperial Guard and the Sisters of Battle. That's seven codices for one empire. The Tau, the Orks, and the Necrons get one codex each. The Eldar and Chaos have two.

While I don't know that the Black Templars are the best candidate for this sort of thing, I really do think that folding them back into the Space Marines codex would establish a good precedent. I think that paring down the number of codices would only improve the game.

Of course, I'm a minimalist when it comes to this sort of thing. In my mind, all the Imperium's forces should be folded into one extraordinarily large, but tightly-written codex. This would make it easier for the forces of the Imperium to do what they seem to do in the novels and fluff: support each other as the somewhat fractious parts of the same nation's military, with small squads of Astartes supported by the Imperial Guard's artillery and manpower, or the Sisters of Battle providing an elite daemon-hunting core to the Imperial Guard's massed infantry. It's true that the Allies rules let you do a lot of this, but I still think minimalism would be the way to go.

But I also know that I'm a weirdo.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Iron Father

I think it's accepted we're all weird

I still think this may have something to do with why the Templars were lumped in with codex marines in the hobby section of rule book.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Then you will have the people who think all marines should be in one codex... Which would make it around 500 pages long...
    Templar's are far more individual than DA or even BA...

Quote Originally Posted by niclebel View Post
    This just in: Sadly, no one gives a rat's *** about Black Templars.
    Then that is something that BT and your opinion on the matter have in common

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by AaronMint View Post
    Then you will have the people who think all marines should be in one codex... Which would make it around 500 pages long...
    Templar's are far more individual than DA or even BA...

Yet the other variant marines have their own section in the rule book. BT don't
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

probably just converted everyone to making tau as fast as possible and run out of stuff :P
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast