BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default moving my army from table to table

Hello I am going to my first convention this weekend and I was worried about how to move my army from table to table. I figure that there will not be room or time for me to pack up my bugs into their foam, go to my next table and unpack them. When I am at my FLGS I just put them on a box lid and move them but then it is only 10 ft or so. so the question is how does everyone else move their army between games?
    Grenndal

Quote Originally Posted by Grenndal View Post
    Hello I am going to my first convention this weekend and I was worried about how to move my army from table to table. I figure that there will not be room or time for me to pack up my bugs into their foam, go to my next table and unpack them. When I am at my FLGS I just put them on a box lid and move them but then it is only 10 ft or so. so the question is how does everyone else move their army between games?
    Pack them away or use a serving tray.

Chapter-Master

Serving trays are good. Get one with a good lip on it and its hard for stuff to fall off. Just be careful how you carry it and don't bump into people!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

as everyone has said, trays are the standard, pretty cheap and you can get ones with non-slip coverings to help keep your stuff in place

Banned

If you have time and money, get a cookie pan that magnets can attach to. Then, put magnets on the bases of your models. They tend not to wobble as much if they have something sticking them to their carrier.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    If you have time and money, get a cookie pan that magnets can attach to. Then, put magnets on the bases of your models. They tend not to wobble as much if they have something sticking them to their carrier.
    Ive seen that done. Guy was literally carrying his army upside down stuck to a tray.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Ive seen that done. Guy was literally carrying his army upside down stuck to a tray.
    My fantasy units all have neodynium magents, the regiment bases are lined with magnetic sheet and they have neodynium magnets on the bottom too, nothing falls off ever!

Order neodynium magnets on ebay from china, it takes a while in shipping but you get 100s for very cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Or if you are a budget, you could just buy a few packs of blue/white tack and just firmly press them to the inside of the tray. Lightly press your models into the tack and they should stick quite nicely. Save all the grease paper you get with the tack and just put them on the tacked tray when you are done and that should keep them fresh for next time.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by OrksOrksOrks View Post
    My fantasy units all have neodynium magents, the regiment bases are lined with magnetic sheet and they have neodynium magnets on the bottom too, nothing falls off ever!

Order neodynium magnets on ebay from china, it takes a while in shipping but you get 100s for very cheap
    K&J Magnetics here in the good old USfnA is the go-to vendor for many in the wargaming hobby. The magnets are inexpensive in large multi-thousand lots, so groups of 4-5 people get together and order all at once (everyone magnetizes one army each, for example). They have outstanding customer service, rapid order fulfillment, and trustworthiness.

RTM

+1 for the K&J Magnetics mentioned above! Also, you can get a can of "magnetic primer" from Home Depot / Lowes and cover the board/display tray of your choosing in that. When combined with the K&J Magnets mentioned above your minis are extremely likely to stay put.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast