BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Non GW flier stand and/or bases

What is out there regarding flying stands and bases for FW flyers I've got some eldar goodies I'd like to put on the table. I want to fuss about with the actual models as little as possible, being FW resin and all. Yes, Im scared of mucking up the models. Ive seen a good website that had something but can't for the life of me remember it.

Chaplain

The Games Workshop Flyer base is perfectly okay for both the Eldar Forge World Phoenix Bomber and the Nightwing Interceptor.
    I've got two of each and had no problems.

First off, I snipped away the tab that attaches the Upright Clear Stand to the Model.
    Then I filed it to create a "saddle" shape for the model to sit snugly into.
    Next I drilled the hole in the model intended to attach it to one of the old style Flyer Bases a few mm deeper.
    Then I attached a length of plastic rod to the Clear Stand in the centre of the "Cross".

The Aircraft sits on the rod and in the "saddle".

Anyway, that's how I did my bases.
    Hope it's of help to you.

Chapter-Master

I did mine by getting a thick bit of clear perspex rod, getting a matching drill bit and drilling a hole in the bottom of the nightwing and phoenix. I then used thick resin bases and drilled through them. ON one I greenstuffed some big rocks around the hole on the base to hold it in place

Its hard to get the GW one to fit the Nightwing without messing up the sliding mechanism
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    What is out there regarding flying stands and bases for FW flyers I've got some eldar goodies I'd like to put on the table. I want to fuss about with the actual models as little as possible, being FW resin and all. Yes, Im scared of mucking up the models. Ive seen a good website that had something but can't for the life of me remember it.
    Go with aftermarket flyer bases with a 1/2" acrylic rod. at the top of the rod, drill a small hole for a brass rod pin. Use superglue and brownstuff to put a brass rod pin into the bottom of the model. When you play, put the brass rod pin into the top of the acrylic rod.

I've used this method on all of my nightwings and phoenixes to great effect. I even put my Lynxes on these as well except that I use ring magnets to seat the pins so that they are firmly attached to the rod.

Here's a pic of one of the bases (sans magnet):
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Battle-Brother

[url]http://www.back2base-ix.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=54[/url]

I don't know if this was a site that you were looking for. I have a friend that has one for a land speeder (smaller than a flyer I know) and he likes it and wants to get more of those stands.

I have no idea how well it would work for your flyer.