BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default GW and Blight Wheel - The Legal Loxatl Controversy

And we're at it again...

Blight Wheel Miniatures receives a C&D from the GW head of legal over its SALUTE special mini - "The Mutant Komodo"

People's Exhibits A - B:

[URL="http://blightwheelminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/something-bad.html"]Blight Wheel Post on the subject - w/ "Mutant Komodo" mini[/URL]

[URL="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/File:Loxatldetails.jpg#.UW8WbLW-2uK"]GW Loxatl Artwork[/URL]

Have fun out there kids...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chaplain

ok this one is fair enough, they are really close so I would be mad over this one to

Chapter-Master

I must admit GW appear to have something wrapped up here this time.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Hah, the French...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Occuli Imperator

Very similiar, and again I would observe the peculiarity of English & Welsh IP law that a 2D image can be protected both in direct copies, same medium derivaties and 3D representations
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

AS much as it Pains me to Say this They Have a VALID point this is a rip off not sure intentional or accidental But VERY close

Strip away the things which are generic to monster / mutant reptiles, and generic bandolier items, and there's precious little there. Plus, the proportions are all wrong. I see no infringement.

Chaplain

you can't "Strip away the things which are generic to monster / mutant reptiles, and generic bandolier items" as thats the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    Strip away the things which are generic to monster / mutant reptiles, and generic bandolier items, and there's precious little there. Plus, the proportions are all wrong. I see no infringement.

Strip away things that are music / song writing, generic notes and words, and there's precious little there. Plus the tempo is slightly different. I see no infringement

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    You have to look at these things as a whole, as it is, all these details, and the pose, are very very simialr to this model, the extra things, like the odd canister bandolier and the chest gun, the elbow spikes and chin spikes, the oval bionic part behind the eyes, when its all added together, that is the infringement.

You need to go back to internet lawyer school.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast