BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default A lesson in nerfing learned.

Hey peeps

I have justr learnt a new lesson in the power of nerf. Just played 2000pts of khorne (everything possible had MoK no no Khorne inf units only veh) against Blood Angels. I tabled them turn 5 - I only lost 14 men (and a DP). 5 of those, Milord Kharn decided to add their skulls to the pile. 2 of them, were from when their Rhino blew up. So BA only managed to kill a DP and 7!

Won't go into the lists in details as I don't want to do a report. What my comment is, I can see that there is some goodness in the list - when we had a good ruck on, and Dante was giving off preferred enemy and corbulo was doing FNP(I think?) this was the only army I have ever sweated at as credible hand to hand opposition. Luckily dice were on my side, with Kharn making 5 of 6 inv saves to stay and decapitate Dante.

The lesson is I won't be so scathing about armies that have been nerfed in the future - one out of fairness, two out of feeling to a lesser extent not being able to field pute worldeaters and 4th ed bloodletters it happened to me, and three because we should all realise every codex is going to smash everything when it is first re-released.

I would be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on what army was nerfed the most and why?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Captain

Dark Angels

/thread

Necrons
    cause is two words: 5th edition

Brother-Sergeant

Veteran-Sergeant

The above picture is golden...
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by N0rdicNinja View Post
    No doubt this guy just finished his first read of the book...after his second reading he committed suicide.

I have to agree that the Necrons took the worst beating with the release of 5th.

That is after he committed suicide. Unfortunately for him, he made his WBB roll.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    That is after he committed suicide. Unfortunately for him, he made his WBB roll.
    Oh, how cruel of ironies...
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

legendary

yeah DA and Necrons got hit with th enerf bat pretty darn hard to the point where very few people now play necrons, not too sure about DA.
    I dont think i've even looked at my necrons since 5th edition come out. i kinda feel guilty for that. im sure there can be some redeeming features of the list. Destroyers and immortals are still good and at least pariahs and c'tan can get into combat a bit quicker

Brother-Captain

The DA codex was pretty meh before 5th came out. We didn't really lose anything from the switch to 5th - Necrons and Tau both took a huge hit from the edition change. Necrons got hit because of the changes to glancing hits, the change in the meta-game. Tau got hit because of changes to TLoS and the removal of LoS sniping.

The DA codex might have actually gotten better with the switch to 5th, considering that we can take bikes and terminators as troops, and the land speeders and attack bikes count as scoring, etc. It was the release of the new 5th ed codices which hurt DA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast