BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Now that I've hit the big 30…

(The big 30 posts that is), I feel I ought to at least go back to the step of saying 'hello'. I've been lurking around for a while and just the odd post here and there so those 30 have been a fair time coming. So, a bit of an introduction too I guess...

I started off collecting Eldar back in 2nd Ed, and was still around for the advent of 3rd Ed but never got round to playing it and then moved away from the hobby for a while. So, when I got back into it, I dug out some of the old models and was a little disappointed by my painting (I didn't remember it being that bad). Further upset followed as I realised that I have misplaced a box of what would have been the slightly better painted things, and as I did a mental tally of the cost of the things in that box. :S I'm still hoping that it will turn up one day, but I am well beyond the initial 'man look'.

So, I've been pretty much going from scratch to try and build up a new Eldar force… and with working away at sea it is coming along pretty slowly. I've considered taking some stuff away with me to do, but then every time we get in a rough transit and walking along the corridors onboard is a bit like the scene in the hotel in Inception I realise what a terrible idea it would be!

Chapter-Master

Hello!
    I hated that feeling when I was digging through my old stuff, combined with the I'm sure there's something missing here, it's awful.

Have a dancing fluttershy anyway though.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Hello!
    I hated that feeling when I was digging through my old stuff, combined with the I'm sure there's something missing here, it's awful.

Have a dancing fluttershy anyway though.

Thanks,

Yeah, the 'something missing' I am pretty sure is something like:

- Old Avatar (which is okay in a way as now I have a really good reason to get an awesome FW one
    - Eldrad
    - Asurman
    - Maugan Ra
    - Hawk Exarch
    - Fire Prism
    - Falcon
    - 3 jetbikes
    - Old metal wraithlord
    - An oop Warlock

And maybe some other bits that I can't quite remember...

Still, I think the lesson to learn from this is that I should get a Phantom titan, it'd be much harder to misplace that!

Chapter-Master

Ouch, quite a list there.
    You're definitely on the right lines here though...

Quote Originally Posted by -Tom- View Post

Still, I think the lesson to learn from this is that I should get a Phantom titan, it'd be much harder to misplace that!

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Sounds similiar to my eldar army, though I never had the avatar, but all of the phoenix lords and exarchs in lead, mmm tasty, and the old old war walker.

Hello and welcom aboard
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

Urgh I feel your pain about missing minis, I'm still trying to figure out how I managed to lose an entire Epic Chaos army (including a Traitor Titan Legion with an Imperator no less). I'm convinced it is somewhere in my parents loft, but I've looked in every box up there at least a few times each and no sign of it, it's maddening.

Welcome to the lounge Tom.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    I'm convinced it is somewhere in my parents loft, but I've looked in every box up there at least a few times each and no sign of it, it's maddening.

Welcome to the lounge Tom.
    Thanks for the welcomes, and yep parent's loft was where I was looking too initially... the search spread from there... :S