Fly Lord

Default Robotech Kickstarter Launches

Don't miss this one!

[url]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm[/url]

Ohh, I miss those designs!
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Banned

I was right - says Robotech when it really means "English Language Macross"

Going to hold off on this one and see what extra designs come though shouldn't be long as they just smashed the first stretch. Queadluun Rau would get me in (yay Miria!), but at the moment the veritech renders are looking a little uninspiring - some idea of the poses would be good.
    Also hope the rumblings of 28mm character models comes true (and if they do them for Masters characters I would possibly die of excitement).

Edit: I do like the prints available, but I wonder if I could get them not signed by Kevin Siembieda - it's not going to make them look nicer (he's not the artist or involved in Robotech/Macross originally), and having his name on something will count against it's value most likely [/snark]
    Last edited by Gotthammer; 04-18-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    I could get them not signed by Kevin Siembieda
    As I understand it, it's just the certificate which is signed, not each item.

I saw these guys at adepticon. While they said they are focusing on The Macross saga, if they do well they plan on going as far as they can. Or so they told me. I would love me some invid
    Grenndal

Banned

That's really the sort of thing that should be on their Kickstarter page somewhere. Also a bit grumpy that there are currently 12 models for the RDF (including the Monster), yet only 4 for the Zentradi.

That's really the sort of thing that should be on their Kickstarter page somewhere. Also a bit grumpy that there are currently 12 models for the RDF (including the Monster), yet only 4 for the Zentradi.
    To be fair, the Zentraedi only had a few variations of their battle pods (Standard Regault, Officer, Recon, Artillery, and the Missile Pod)... throw in the air fighter and maybe a standard zentraedi solder (since they were the size of veritechs) and that's what, 7 possibilities total? Give Ninja Studios time and I'm sure we'll see everything...

Also at Adepticon they were giving away test models of the battlepods to the first 100 visitors to their booth everyday. They were also very personable and willing to explain the game and where they would like for it to lead.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Librarian

imo the First Contact level seems to be an extremely good deal, especially if they keep feeding it through stretch goals. I think it has a 130$ value over the it's cheaper option, which is only a 60$ difference. There's also the thing of Orkify'ing those models in case the game turns out poor (insert evil Orky laughter)

Banned

@ Chrono - my concerns are that a) from a gameplay perspective having 4 units vs 12 will be dull, and given the starter box has 12 pods and an officer vs 5 veritechs and two destroids, how many pods do you need to take out a MAC II? and b) from a Kickstarter perspective if they flood it with RDF units they risk burning people out, and the rather large stretches for more of the same won't get new people in.
    For instance after the MAC II is unlocked they've said it's a 20k stretch to the next goal which is an add on to ever box. So assuming it's not adding Quaedluun Raus / Reas, they're going to need to past that stretch goal before I'm maybe going to put one dollar towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    imo the First Contact level seems to be an extremely good deal,
    31 models for $80 is not terrible, but not particularly good at $2.50+ per model.

Compare with Zombicide 1 with 114 models, Sedition Wars with 100 models, and Zombicide 2 with 169 models for $100 - $1 or less per model. Granted these are somewhat smaller models, but even adjusting for size, to be an extremely good deal, I'd expect at least 50 models in the $80 box.

@ Chrono - my concerns are that a) from a gameplay perspective having 4 units vs 12 will be dull
    These are relatively high complexity units, with lots of wounds and options. It seems designed as a very small skirmish game, versus a large mass battle game. Which is really wierd, because it's squadron-oriented like Flames of War. Wanting to reproduce the larger scenes wouldn't be playable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast