BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fly Lord

I saw the game being demoed at Adepticon - gorgeous minis.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Far more detailed and easy to pose than I originally thought too!
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    What was the game play like?
    I've watched the video but it is still very early days it seems, and was therefore pretty basic . I'm hoping their will be more videos to come.

Librarian

31 models for $80 is not terrible, but not particularly good at $2.50+ per model.

Compare with Zombicide 1 with 114 models, Sedition Wars with 100 models, and Zombicide 2 with 169 models for $100 - $1 or less per model. Granted these are somewhat smaller models, but even adjusting for size, to be an extremely good deal, I'd expect at least 50 models in the $80 box.
    My apologies, i meant within the whole Robotech Kickstarter, not in general as a comparison to things like Zombiside and such.

Banned

So, put this video on (with the sound off!):

and blast [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhTvbmY95eI"]this out of your speakers[/URL] instead.

Perfect.

Kickstarter is picking up after a lull and they're giving more feedback, which is good.

Banned

Currently heading towards the $450k stretch goal!

[URL="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm"]The Battle Cry level pledge is crazy good value.[/URL] For $140 you get:

Full color, 90+ page, softcover rulebook

12 Zentraedi Faction Dice - UNLOCKED!

12 UEDF Faction Dice - UNLOCKED!

40 color game cards (unit cards, etc)

Kickstarter Exclusive Art Print

45 Game Pieces (core set):

1/285th scale (40 - 70mm), high quality, multi-pose plastic game pieces.

1x Rick Hunter SE Veritech in Fighter, Guardian, and Battloid modes. (3 game pieces) KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE!
    6x VF-1A Veritech Valkyries in Fighter, Guardian, and Battloid modes. (18 game pieces)
    1x VF-1J "Officer" Valkyrie in Fighter, Guardian, and Battloid modes. (3 game pieces)
    2x Destroids that can create any combination of Tomahawks or Defenders. (2 game pieces)
    18x Regult Zentraedi Battlepods. (18 game pieces)
    1x Glaug Officer's Battlepod. (1 game pieces)

16 Unlocked Bonus Game Pieces:

1x Veritech Valkyrie in Fighter, Guardian, and Battloid that can create a VF-1A, VF-1J, or VF-1S variant. (3 game pieces)
    3x Regult Battlepods (3 game pieces)
    2x Reconnaissance Battlepod (2 game piece)
    1x Roy Fokker SE Veritech Valkyrie in Fighter, Guardian, and Battloid modes. (3 game pieces) KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE!
    1x Glaug Officer's Battlepod (1 game piece)
    1x Spartan Destroid (1 game piece)
    1x Phalanx Destroid (1 game piece)
    2x Destroids that can create any combination of Tomahawks or Defenders. (2 game pieces)

61 Game Pieces Total!

Here's a size comparison pic for scale of the minis:

Maybe I'm spoilt by GW but the models seem awfully static. Also 110USD for shipping from Foreign Parts is a lot for the basic kit especially when personally I don't know much about the game having only watched some of the cartoons when I was five or six.

I can have all mine piloted by pink haired anime girls right?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Yeah, we're all hassling them on the KS page for more info about poses and poseability/modularity, which they have said there is but annoyingly aren't showing. My understanding is that the demo models at Adepticon were metal tests, thus the same poseness to them.

You certainly can! Though the green tresses of Miriya shall always be superior - not only was she a total badass for the bad guys:

She becomes one of Earth's top pilots and weaponises her own baby at one point. She is a great parent:

[URL="http://incisivis.livejournal.com/312031.html"]Toughens them up[/URL] (her daughter goes on to become a stone-cold murderous alcoholic).

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Maybe I'm spoilt by GW but the models seem awfully static.
    The models they showed at Adepticon were a mix of static and dynamic poses. They don't look like they have an incredibly wide array of poses, but certainly enough that it doesn't look like your veritechs are at a parade.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

They posted a Rules Preview with the last update - [url]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/posts[/url]

I think the base troop minis in this boxed starter set will be more dynamic than say, the base troop minis in the 40k boxed starter.

I know they also said they are working on shipping for people outside the U.S. (read Europe) by trying to get something going with a distributor over there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast