BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Airbrush lubrication?

I own an Iwata Eclipse airbrush, and one of the things it says in the maintenance manual is "requires periodic lubrication". The kit didn't come with any form of lubricant, and while it specifically states "do not use WD-40 or similar", it doesn't say what *to* use. Any suggestions as to what to use, and where to use it? I'm assuming the trigger assembly, and the needle bearing maybe? or back in the barrel where the needle chuck rides?
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Veteran-Sergeant

[url]http://www.iwata-medea.com/support/faqs/faqs-airbrush-maintenance-and-cleaning/[/url]

Superlube apparently. I use silicone spray very lightly on my Steinbeck brush.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    I own an Iwata Eclipse airbrush, and one of the things it says in the maintenance manual is "requires periodic lubrication". The kit didn't come with any form of lubricant, and while it specifically states "do not use WD-40 or similar", it doesn't say what *to* use. Any suggestions as to what to use, and where to use it? I'm assuming the trigger assembly, and the needle bearing maybe? or back in the barrel where the needle chuck rides?
    Iwata-Medea Super Lube.

NEVER, EVER, EVER use a silicone based lubricant on the airbrush. Silicone based products can react with acrylic paints and waste your hard work. Only ever use a teflon based lubricant, but really, just buy the $11 tube of Iwata Super Lube. It's small, but it will last you a very long time.

Veteran-Sergeant

Never had that issue with my paint ? But either way I would go with a brand specific lubricant that matches your brush. Can't go wrong with that.

Handy to know, thanks all. Now I just need to overcome the fact that the nearest place that sells the stuff in an hour away. Amazon, hooo!
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?