BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I think your right. I think I will leave the model as is for now, I'm happy with it and I have some Pathfinders I'm itching to start on next. Still undecided on how to kit them out but the sprue looks great.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPanda View Post
    look, it's WALL-E. nice job on the model overall though.
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

First-Captain

I'm really like this. Looking forward to more of your stuff

Occuli Imperator

Love it DL, and I am slightly dissapointed you didn't stay with the Wall-E/Johnny 5 vibe
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Sergeant

Great looking paint scheme. Have a modeling question though... do you think the seams where the model is put together could be filled in properly? I have a Riptide that I'm putting together, and like the Devilfish engines, the seams are just blatant. Especially if you wash the model. What are your thoughts?

Veteran-Sergeant

You could yes, I had thought about using liquid green stuff to fill in the majority of the seams but personally I'm a bit crap with it, I know others who could have done it with green stuff and a lot of patience. I guess the most annoying seems are the ones in the vents above shoulders. They could be difficult to even out.
    I will say though GW really hit the mark with this model and it was a joy to build and paint. However on reflection I could have done better. It's now on eBay to fund another one which I plan to put more effort into.

Brother-Captain

Damn fine job.

The colour scheme you've chosen looks fantastic and I love the clean look it has - I agree that you should avoid the battle-damaged look with Tau, in general.

I in particular like the orange you've chosen for sept markings. Very striking against that military olive colour.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Occuli Imperator

Looks similiar to the blog colour scheme: [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=8900072-gws[/url]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks for the kind comments, as I have had a few compliments on the scheme so I thought I would share a quick rundown of paints I used.

Main armour was airbrushed with, sewage water as base, rotten wood as mid colour and then mummy as highlight. All 3 of these paints are from the Minitaire range by badger and can be found on eBay.

The OSL is, spell singer blue, sky blue and Snow White. Again all Minitaire paints.

The orange was based citrus orange, and then highlighted using warning yellow (looks orange). All Minitaire.

Gold was rich gold by vallejo. It's alcohol based if you haven't used it. Fantastic paint but you need to use alcohol if you want to thin it.

The black areas were just airbrushed with model air black and highlighted using model air USA grey both paints are vallejo model air paints.

I used an oil wash to darken the lines in the armour. First I satin varnished the model then made a wash using black oil paint and white spirit. Cleaned the model up of any over run using a cotton bud dipped in white spirit and let it dry. Finished with Matt varnish,

I actually used the main armour paints as an experiment. I had been using these colours for plague bearers and thought used differently could be good on a riptide.

I was thinking, if I did do another space marine army, this scheme would be quite good for the Raptors a Ravenguard successor chapter.
    Last edited by DeadPanda; 04-26-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Chapter-Master

IDK how you part with your models after putting so much work into them...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast