BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

not keen on Alarielle, not sure about the eagle chariot, otherwise looking good though. With the shadow warrior kit I can finally field a unit of archers, hurrah. the archer models are so very very ugly, giant child balloon faces on them all.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

1. I love the chariot. That's the kind of silly high fantasy thing that makes me look at WFB over Warmachine (from over my army of traitorous and incompetent rat minions).
    2. I love the guy on the phoenix's face. Like he just wants to kill some dudes because his ride's burning his bum.
    3. I want Random Chap to be his official name, and it's an old High Elf name that fell out of use because the historical Random Chap was a Pretty Big Deal. His whole life people have been looking at him like he's told a tasteless joke whenever he's introduced.

Thank you for posting the pics!!!

I'm looking forward to the new High Elf Book!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Chapter-Master

Such a 'meh' model as Alarielle really doesn't deserve a guard that looks that good.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Such a 'meh' model as Alarielle really doesn't deserve a guard that looks that good.
    Monarchies aren't known for being based on merit

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    not keen on Alarielle, not sure about the eagle chariot, otherwise looking good though. With the shadow warrior kit I can finally field a unit of archers, hurrah. the archer models are so very very ugly, giant child balloon faces on them all.
    I've been using the old 5th edition Jes Goodwin archer sculpts. The proportions look good next to the current spearmen, and most of Jes' sculpts from 94-95 on stand up to the test of time. Probably cost a fortune to find them on eBay now, though.

So....do the old spearmen models in the background indicate that they won't be getting new sculpts? I've seen before in codices/ army books where they use older figs before they get the updates. Anything indicated so far?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    I've been using the old 5th edition Jes Goodwin archer sculpts. The proportions look good next to the current spearmen, and most of Jes' sculpts from 94-95 on stand up to the test of time. Probably cost a fortune to find them on eBay now, though.
    yeah I had loads of the old plastic archers and spearmen, the single piece ones, both of which look better than the current plastic archers and spearmen which are either about to float away (archers) or tiny and plain (spearmen).

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    yeah I had loads of the old plastic archers and spearmen, the single piece ones, both of which look better than the current plastic archers and spearmen which are either about to float away (archers) or tiny and plain (spearmen).
    I don't mind the current spearmen. I should have clarified that I meant the metal archers, not the plastic ones.

Chapter-Master

yeah I guessed as much

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast