BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000pts Eldar

Default 1000pts Eldar

So I originally started playing 40k just as the 4th edition Eldar codex came out and they were my first army. Being an over excited 13 year old that didn't go overly well for me and I ended up shelving them. Now I find myself drawn back to them as I feel the need to play something other than Imperial Guard and with rumors of a new codex in a few months here we are. This is my basic plan of what I want to aim to build before the new codex comes out and then see what happens.

Autarch
    Eldar Jetbike
    Mandiblasters
    Laser lance
    Reaper launcher 155

10 Dire avengers
    Exarch
    two catapults
    Bladestorm 152

5 Guardian Jetbikes 110

6 Guardian jetbikes 132

2 Vypers
    2 Shuriken cannons 100

5 Dark Reapers
    Exarch
    Tempest launcher
    fast shot 227

Fire Prism 115

3 GJB steal an objective far easier than 5... [they can 'hide']
    DA on foot are just cannon fodder in 6th... [only 5 up cover saves]

since your boss is biked up... drop the DA and keep your units fast [except reaper firebase]

so ... OBJ stealers 2 x 3 GJB [skinny]
    max bikes x12 GJB - [4 cannon] ride with boss ... can at least threaten armour...
    and give boss 'look out sir' so he can do damage... boss probably doesnt need lance if he has fusion gun...

reapers have excellent range but no AT ... if you nd more AT put a fusion gun on the boss.

a lone prism is a bit sad ;-{
    i would drop the vipers for an extra prism ... 60" range and better AT

if you insist on vypers [which can steal obj or block them] consider a longer range weapon ! 24" puts them in real danger of death by bolter

if you play 1000pts on 4x4 then tempest is ok... but imo losing the range for the buff is not worth it ...

try proxying things if you mates let you till you get a fit you like

great things in 6th... DE allies... Quad guns with dragon exarch... fusion guns with overwatch ...

good luck

Every game I have played involving Dire Avengers sees them getting mowed down fairly easily. Get some Rangers in there as Pathfinders to camp out on objectives.

pathfinders are great on the bbq....

Camp them out in abuilding or behind some dedicated cover and they're a pain in the proverbial for anybody wanting rid of them

Read rumors that the codex is only out next month any way so might not even be an issue as the list won't be built that quickly anyway. With the vypers I gave them the shuriken cannons because I wanted to keep them as cheap as possible as I think they're quite over costed but I do like the jetbike theme a lot. Will see what the new book does with them. In games I play in my local area 36 inch range is never a problem so that doesn't worry me at all. As it's been mentioned I am slightly concerned about the lack of anti armour I have here but the list is more of a building block step in that this will be the base that I add too as most games are played at 1500-2000 points.

Having 30 Dire Avengers in my army, some of the models dating back to the 90's Goodwin Era, I can tell you for fact that they rarely survive an entire battle. It's so gutwrenching to move them off the table, even more so when I didn't get to Bladestorm

Please GW make shurikens 24" none of this 12" bull**** thanks. Pathfinders are pretty good, just rubbish models in finecast

Brother-Captain

The Dark Reaper Exarch should have Crack Shot rather than Fast Shot. Re-rolling to wound and ignoring all cover is better than another shot, and it's cheaper.

Double the vypers firepower with an underslung shuricannon. This is viable in 6th with the changed rules for fast vehicles and shooting. You can premeasure ranges, so make sure you park your vypers where they are less likely to be shot back.

The autarch is geared for combat in a non combat army. spending a lot of points of a launcher for shooty, and a lance/blasters for combat. He'll probably kill 3marines/10man squad on the charge, marines wont flee, and youll be beaten to death the turn after. Id drop the lance to save points.

Id consider swapping the single prism for a nightspinner. A single spinner works better than a single prism, and can hide and still shoot. It also synergises with your army better - you want to play a 'keep away' game with the opponent, as opposed to combatting them. The spinner slows down your opponent, and has a 1/6 chance of immobilising the heaviest of tanks with a simple clip of the template.

6 bikes run as easily as 3 when they lose 2 guys. make smaller squads of them

Work out how many shots you get with 10 avengers over 2 turns without bladestorm, and then bladestorming. You actually get more shots without. BS (!) only works when you have a transport to get into the next turn. Id drop the exarch and upgrades to save the 32pts.
    Last edited by Xenith; 04-22-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Is your list based around what you have? Or what you would like? Because there is a distinctly small showing of Aspect Warriors... and they're what make Eldar so fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast