BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Also new book means new models, and my bretonnian army is waiting on plastic grail knights, no way I am paying £45 for five resin ones.
    Actually they will likely still be that price because they've not been replacing existing resin or plastic models in any of the recent release waves. They've been releasing new models to cover for old metal figures (that have not already been converted to resin) and entirely new models, but those in finecast have remained in finecast. No reason to assume that the Grail Knights will be any different. I grant that the upcoming new Shadow Warriors are a rare exception to this policy though.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

oh I know they wont be any cheaper, but they will be multi part, better to build, better to convert, more options and variation. we are talking about a release at least a year away, so there is no point really looking at what has or hasn't been converted from finecast elsewhere, I don't believe there is some great system of leaving a few things finecast, making some plastic etc. It will happen, or it wont, given how important grail knights are to bretonnian armies I think it is far more likely that they will go plastic than not personally.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Plus, the Grail Knight models, for my money, simply aren't spangly enough for a rare unit of mentalist, possibly a wee bit possessed Cavalry. They are of course very nice models.....but they just don't quite fit the bill. There's not hint of anything even vaguely supernatural about them, which is not the impression I get from their background.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    I think we're all thinking the same thing: Trojan Rabbit.
    haha! That or a Cow-a-pult.

First-Captain

Brettonians are my first ever fantasy army, and are the reason I wish I could work at head office just to write the book. I know for certain that given a little time I could come up with a decent idea
    For the Greater good.

Brother-Sergeant

I spoke to Colin Grayson (the guy who designed the empire magic chariot laser) at last GDUK and he asked me if I had any ideas for Bretonnians. During the conversation I kind of got the feeling that ideas had petered out within the studio and they were stuck for what to do with them.

However, considering some rumours floating around; if the book is due for release in 2014/15 then the book is already being worked on.

I do feel that to accommodate more options/flavour into a new book that the Monty Python theme of the last book needs to be toned down - as in previous books it is implied that anyone can become a knight.

We shall just have to keep our fingers crossed and wait and see!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonite View Post
    I do feel that to accommodate more options/flavour into a new book that the Monty Python theme of the last book needs to be toned down - as in previous books it is implied that anyone can become a knight.
    honestly I couldn't disagree with that assessment more

Brother-Sergeant

honestly I couldn't disagree with that assessment more
    You could start a flame war

I could be totally wrong though and they could turn it up to 11 on the dial and the book would be awesome. Either way

Chapter-Master

I meant more the monty python and knight bit, I don't get that feeling from the current book at all

Brother-Sergeant

I meant more the monty python and knight bit, I don't get that feeling from the current book at all
    By the Monty Python bit I meant the downtrodden disease ridden peasants and commoners...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast