BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Kill Team Mortifico - Battle Reports

Hi guys,

I've just posted on my blog a review/battle report on the Kill Team Mortifico event at Warhammer World the weekend before last.

You can read it here: -

[url]http://toyznthehood.com/422/kill-team-mortifico/[/url]

i hope you enjoy it!
    Shameless Plug - Check out my blog at www.toyznthehood.com

Chapter-Master

I was slightly confused by the rules set up. Is there no need for a troops choice?

I am not sure using doom is a lot of fun here. It doesn't seem very clever to take the one of the most powerful units in the Tyranid Codex, give it Eternal Warrior, and expect not to win...

Shrikes were a fun choice for the game, though! Fast, strong, durable.

Now, I think Ymgarls, Genestealers, or even Termagants with weapon upgrades would have been entertaining.
    Even a Pyrovore would have been fun.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    I was slightly confused by the rules set up. Is there no need for a troops choice?
    You can take 0-1 Elites, 0-2 Troops and 0-1 Fast Attack so you don't have to take troops if you don't want to.

I am not sure using doom is a lot of fun here. It doesn't seem very clever to take the one of the most powerful units in the Tyranid Codex, give it Eternal Warrior, and expect not to win...
    It's a fair cop. I did go to win and took the toughest Kill Team I could think of. In my defence three of my opponents nominated me as their Favourite Game (out of 8) so they must have had some fun! I think I was lucky that the Tau Codex had come out the week earlier and so there were lots of Riptides - at the end of the tournament i had several people come up to me and say how pleased they were that a non-Riptide had won it - i thought i'd have been slapped!

Shrikes were a fun choice for the game, though! Fast, strong, durable.

Now, I think Ymgarls, Genestealers, or even Termagants with weapon upgrades would have been entertaining.
    Even a Pyrovore would have been fun.
    Shrikes are great. The one thing that really lets Tyranids down in this set up is that there's not much variety in the members of different squads. That and the ridiculously low leadership of the little guys. Mind you next time i'm tempted to take 3 Warriors and 15 Gargoyles - that would be awesome!
    Shameless Plug - Check out my blog at www.toyznthehood.com

Kill Team is an awesome way to play 40k. I can't wait to see the millions (and millions) of Riptides being fielded in tournaments now.

EDIT: Just read your blog and found out that Riptides are now banned from Kill Teams haha, but sadly so are Clawed Fiends sniffle.
    Last edited by kyfer; 04-24-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Chapter-Master

Oh, I am aware of the set up rules. It was something in your post that made it sound like your shrikes were troops, and grey knight interceptors were not... it was confusing.

As for the riptide: I expect it to be awesome at Kill Team. In face, it is kinda how I envision the Riptide. Need something that absolutely, positively, needs to be blown up, yet you cannot afford to lose anyone? Send the Riptide.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "