BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Chaos Daemons- Conversion Plans

Hey, I've recently begun looking into conversion projects for my army. These ideas stem from one of two places: 1) I don't think the model fits well enough with the fluff of the army 2) The model is too expensive for me in the numbers I want. There are 4 projects I'm considering at the moment: 1) (reason 1) 2 Daemon princes of Tzeentch themed after the body of Tzeentch, skin consisting of many faces, similar intentional design to a daemon prince shown by another member of the site 2) (reason 1) Soul Grinder of Slaanesh- bipedal. For the lower body I plan on following the recent dvd released by Miniwar Gaming. For the upper body im looking at using the liquid green stuff on GWS to smooth out the skin, replace the head (idk with what yet), and have the open clawed daemon prince hand holding the sword. 3 (reason 2) 9 beasts of nurgle. I like the model but its 25 $ and I need 9. Also I don't have a job right now (im a minor, limited options). Im looking for any alternative to the gws model from converting another plastic kit to just sculpting them from scratch (they're just slugs, HOW HARD CAN IT BE?). Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1) GS on a daemon prince with IOB griffon wings and claws
    2) Upright maulerfiend could work, 2 legs, 4 arms, 2 guns and some ebay claws
    3) Plague flies minus wings and riders, crypt fiends with converted plaguebearer style heads and river trolls with no arms & milliput/GS body extensions could all work though don't save a vast amount of cash. FW plague toads are fun but almost as expensive. A carnifex has a bunch of head variants and you could scratch sculpt around that - teeth are some of the hardest bits to sculpt in my experience. Chaos spawn too expensive as the base model but could spread the parts among more (2 spawn kits and a lot of milliput/GS would liklely get you to 9 beasts if you're conservative.

Thanks for the reply, I like the crypt ghouls for beasts. Also, your daemon prince was incredible. I had the idea when I was reading about Tzeentch in the codex, and I found yours through a google search. The only changes I plan on making are adding a staff to one and a sword on the other ( s8 explosion trigger/ chaos spawn maker?! YES!!!) And I plan on molding in heads I have left over from letters, horrors and nettes into the flesh.