BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1850 Tau/Crons for Feast of Blades Qualifier

We have a Feast of Blades qualifier coming up locally in a few months and I want to get started preparing my list for the tournament. I haven't had a chance to playtest this list seeing as I am still waiting on my Riptide to arrive, but this is the first draft pre-playtest, I'd like to see what the people of BoLS have to say about it:

HQ
    Necron Overlord w/ Mindshackle, 2+sv, Warscythe: 130
    4x Harbingers of Destruction: 140
    Cadre Fireblade: 60

TROOPS
    4x units of 6 warriors in ghost arks: 193ea
    1 Unit of 7 Fire Warriors in Devilfish w/ Disruption pods: 158

ELITES
    Riptide w/ Twin-linked Fusion Gun, Interceptor, Ion accelerator: 190

HEAVY
    3x Annihilation Barges: 90ea
    1x Skyray w/ Disruption pods, Twin-linked SMS: 130

Grand total comes to 1850

It's essentially a target saturation list, deploying 1 monstrous creature, 1 av12 vehicle and 8 av13 vehicles. The idea is to effectively deny the opponent any good targets for anti-infantry fire and to limit the effectiveness of str 6-7 weaponry. Heldrakes are extremely common in my meta game, this list is designed to deny them targets as well.

I'm also considering dropping something for a naked Aegis line and/or a solar pulse so I can feel more secure in going 2nd. (Annihilation barges are small enough to get cover from the Aegis line, and easily provide cover for Ghost arks which can easily provide cover for the tau vehicles.)

Anyway I'd appreciate any feedback, this is just a first draft so I expect many changes between here and the final list.

I guess my only question is why take Tau as allies? Just models you own restriction? There are other allies that can provide almost as tough transports (IG) that come with much larger benefits than a single Riptide.

The biggest lists I see being a problem are Chaos Demons(flying circus), Helldrake spam with enough AT to crack your transports, Mech IG, Land Raider Rock lists. Other than your handful of str 8 shots and the gauss on your warriors there isn't much to kill serious tanks. Also you only have one unit with skyfire in the whole army and no fliers of your own.

I understand you are doing the wall of AV13 that Necrons are known for but there isn't anything particularly scary in your list. No wraiths to tie up fast melee, no triach stalkers to force people to deal with double tapping melta, no deathmarks in a scythe with the template harbinger.

Finally Riptides without markerlight support are just kinda "meh" in my opinion. Mine have a tendency to roll gets hot at least once or twice a game. also they are not true "monsterous creatures" since they tend to get beat up by anything tougher than a guardsman in close combat.