BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Piranha Tactics

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Extra shot on the burst cannon, extra range on the fusion gun, and an extra shot per gun drone (+2).
    Huh. I hadn't considered that all that does add up to a lot more firepower.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

That extra range of the fusion blaster puts the piranha out of charge range if you don't try for the 2d6 penetration. So if you're carrying two seeker missiles + the fusion blaster, that's three Str 8 shots from a single piranha, six str8 shots if you take two piranhas. I haven't seen a landraider yet that can survive more than four high strength shots directed to it.

Anyone who scrambles out of said landraider will be caught in the middle of a killzone and become easy pickings for a riptide suit, hammerhead, crisis suits or even firewarriors.

Even if you do manage to get charged somehow in subsequent turns, a point defense targeting relay will make sure your piranhas can overwatch with gun drones.
    Last edited by Uncle Nutsy; 04-28-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Chapter-Master

yeah, going from 5 shots to 8 shots is pretty impressive.

The extension on the fusion blasters, too, is awesome. I think the piranhas have become much better. They aren't overpowering, as their range is still short. However, they are pretty awesome.

Now, I don't agree with the Land Raider Assessment. You need to get in close and use the Melta dice. Str 8 doesn't cut it against land raiders. Str8 2D6 does.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

that's why I suggested pairing the fusion blasters with seeker missiles. you CAN sit 18 inches out and beat one up. Because sometimes the weight of fire outstrips the single 2d6. It's up to you if you want to get that close, but I want to have multiple hits instead of one guaranteed one.

this is a bit off topic but - where the hell does it say tetras have a hvy4 markerlight , my copy of IA3 says it just has a marker light (it is an old copy) what have i missed?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by steelwraith View Post
    this is a bit off topic but - where the hell does it say tetras have a hvy4 markerlight , my copy of IA3 says it just has a marker light (it is an old copy) what have i missed?
    Forgeworld's 6th Edition update.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12