BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Along the lines of the sternguard question, does the prince in question usually run with power armor? If not, dragonfire bolts will sometimes yield better results than hellfire.

Veteran-Sergeant

I think I may have found a model who can go toe to toe with this Daemon Prince

Bray'arth Ashmantle. Expensive maybe but this Dreadnought is tough as old boots. Disallows any weapons or CC attacks that gain extra dice, to use them. This includes Melta, Lance, Rending and Monstrous Creatures attacks. Armour 13. I am thinking if I stick him in a drop pod and use him to cause mary hell in my opponents back field this will force him to drag his prince back to deal with him. Chuck in my assault terminators and I think this could be an answer.

Monstrous Creatures don't automatically get extra penetration dice any more, not since the fall of 5th.

A regular Ironclad will fight him just as well as Ashmantle, and be cheaper.

Speaking of cheaper, Sternguard with hellfire rounds are nice, but Scouts with sniper rifles may be able to do the same job faster thanks to their longer range.

Chapter-Master

Sniper Drones. However, you could also use Missile Broadsides.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Sniper Drones. However, you could also use Missile Broadsides.
    Sorry mate, marines only. No xeno scum

Does your opponent go with the DP tricked out with Nurgle/Biomancy? If so, the easiest counter to the DP is to have GK allies. You don't need much. You just want the plane for the Mindstrike missiles. There is no cover from effect they have on Psykers. Also the one unit of them stuck in cover will go before the DP if he charges them. He will suffer instant death from even one wound.
    Last edited by Caitsidhe; 04-28-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Chaplain

Get one of your trusty infantry men, give him a back pack and send him on a errand to the unit accross the way. It will be like a mouse to a cat. When the "evil SOB" swoops in on the unfortunate soldier, detonate the melta bomb you hid in his backpack.

Chaplain

Now I realise the more sensitive of you will be horrified at such callous treatment of a member of your army, but let us look at it logically. Orks are expected to do this with squigs and grots. I have never met a Commissar that did not use volunteers. Space marines have always been to keen for there own good and with Tau it's for the greater good. Dark eldar will do it for the laugh. Eldar will convince the Dark Eldar to do it for a laugh and Tyranids will say, "It's what I do". Perhaps you could whisper in the ear of the chaos dude and tell him it will leave a gap for promotion if he does it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPanda View Post
    I think I may have found a model who can go toe to toe with this Daemon Prince
    If it's just a question of going toe to toe, Lysander will wreck his day pretty reliably too. Especially if he's running with a squad to get some Moral Support re-rolls, the odds of a black mace prince beating Lysander in a duel are pretty slim.

Veteran-Sergeant

Pledge your immortal soul to nurgle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast