BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forgive me, but I am not seeing where Crisis suits come standard with Multi-trackers. Where is it?

EDIT: Found it, under the armour entry.
    Last edited by Mrchilidog; 05-03-2013 at 07:28 PM.

I have been playing with a myriad of things trying to figure out the best way to gear my commander. After finding and looking through this post, I still can't decide what would be best. I am new to the game and after changing from GK to Tau, I am having difficulty with the full configuration for the commander. I know it has a lot to do with the tactics that I choose but I imagine there would be a decent non CQC commnder build. Would anyone mind giving me any ideas? I would really appreciate it.

Can you help us out by clarifying what you mean by CQC? In my mind, XV-8s are a CQC unit to begin with, since only one of their weapons gets more than one shot beyond 18".

Well the more I read the more people say they want to use the commander to deepstrike and run a very heavily offensive version of the commander. I just wasn't sure if a more defensive or well rounded version would be better suited.

Ah, well, there are certainly other ways to use a commander than as a deep strike bomb. For instance, you could use the Command & Control Node and/or Multi-Spectrum Sensor Suite to buff a squad of XV-8s, or put a pair of missile pods on a commander with Skyfire and Interceptor to make him an anti-reserve anti-vehicle platform.

3x suits with 2x missile pods each is fun especially with a commander with cyclic, missile pod, and engram chip. 17x S7 shots at 18" with monster or tank hunter is fun.

I'm going to try a unit of 2x suits with TL FB and a single FB each, both with retro thrusters. Sounds fun, either hop up the table or deepstrike for some surprises.

I like the fact of taking two weapons in stead of TL but I feel I really need to keep points costs in mind.

Chapter-Master

Hope you mean broadside suits, as crisis suits can't take missile drones anymore:

Tau Errata: Page 95 - Drones listAdd the following note to Missile Drones
    * May only be taken by models equipped with Broadside
    battlesuits.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123