BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Deadzone - The Sci-fi Miniatures Skirmish Board Game, features plastic sci-fi scenery

Link: [url]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/deadzone-the-sci-fi-miniatures-board-game[/url]

Video:

Goal: $50,000, broken in just over 30 mins.

Deadzone is the dynamic Tabletop Miniatures Skirmish Game set in the distant Warpath sci-fi universe, written by Jake Thornton, author of last year’s runaway Kickstarter success DreadBall – The Futuristic Sports Game.

Players control one of four unique factions, battling it out over scarce resources by combining deadly actions to lethal effect. The sci-fi backdrop of Deadzone is brought to life using the new modular Mantic Scenery Range adding a vertical dimension to your games and incredible customisation to your battlefield. No game need ever look the same!

By backing this Kickstarter you will be allowing us to create four brand new factions of miniatures – The Enforcers, Plague, Marauders and the Rebs – as well as an exciting game box that includes plastic sprues of our great new Scenery.

Looks like the $150 Strike Team level is the one to go at - latest stretch goal is for $225,000 and they'll tool these four models and throw them in:

First-Captain

I'm in

The model count on mantic's kickstarters has always been impressive. This time I'm hoping it's the terrain count that is the big thing.

I'm hoping they add terrain sprues as add-ons (they weren't last time I checked last night) 'cos though I'm not too interested in the miniatures the terrain looks nice and I'd happily buy quite a bit.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

They are saying that terrain will be an add-on and that there will be a terrain only pledge level.

I thought there might be, Mantic are usually good at figuring out how to maximise pledges in that regard. Something a lot of other companies running Ks campaigns could stand to learn from.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

agreed.

Latest stretch - 1 extra scenery sprue:

[url]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/deadzone-the-sci-fi-miniatures-board-game/posts/465814[/url]

Spoke to mantic last night, they've got an update planned to reveal scenery sprues as an add-on and as people seem to want it, a scenery only plegde. This is going on my Necromunda board for sure.

Great! can't wait for that to come out.

New Marauder ripper suit came out on Monday:

and then there was more in game imagery too:

and a teaser for a mat upgrade:

Alpha Rules are going out from the Deadzone kickstarter tomorrow as a free download.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_6uFAGaO1K8[/url]

There's also a deluxe gaming mat upgrade:

And a teaser silhouette:

More updates...

the silouette was the Helfather, an $8 add-on:

[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/565/424/b0958d177dbc3924f6319575ec77bb5e_large.jpg?1367662 913[/imh]

In addition, a digital campaign was funded, and an alternate enforcer with assault blade is currently getting done.

Also, Secret Weapon unveiled an injection moulded plastic board for deadzone:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast