BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Mantic Figures for Warhammer?

Hey guys!

I am new to Fantasy, but I have been collecting GW Dwarfs, Brettonians, Chaos, and I was thinking about doing Orcs and Goblins (I really like to paint). The problem is, I don't really like the GW goblin figures all that much especially for what they charge. However, the Mantic goblins look fantastic. Do you think anyone would have a problem playing a game using mantic goblin figures?

Thanks,

Evan

In GW stores or tournaments there would be a problem but most games clubs shouldn't have an issue.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Bear in mind that is pretty much the reason for Mantic starting out, a cheap alternative to warhammer models to bulk out your armies

I also have it on very good authority that Mantic are sponsoring the July competiton of the Painting Oaths facebook group with a great prize as a follow up to a big Kings of War launch in June, they're also going to be giving away a copy of DreadBall Season 2 and a team of your choice in May!

[url]http://www.facebook.com/groups/541074439270281/[/url]

Veteran-Sergeant

I would get a small amount first and see how you like them. The size of their models don't always match up well with GW, so a mixed army might look odd.
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Quote Originally Posted by OrksOrksOrks View Post
    I also have it on very good authority that Mantic are sponsoring the July competiton of the Painting Oaths facebook group with a great prize as a follow up to a big Kings of War launch in June, they're also going to be giving away a copy of DreadBall Season 2 and a team of your choice in May!

[url]http://www.facebook.com/groups/541074439270281/[/url]
    I would struggle with choosing a team, all their season 2 teams look great, better than their season 1 IMO.

Possibly the locust or bot team, but I like them all.

Girly team all the way.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by kyfer View Post
    I would struggle with choosing a team, all their season 2 teams look great, better than their season 1 IMO.

Possibly the locust or bot team, but I like them all.
    I love the Robot team, wish I could win the prize so i could get one for free! Sadly as the organizer, I can't exactly award myself! Ah well, well worth buying anyway