BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseer View Post
    One of the blogspot T&Cs is that Google owns your blog, all of its content and can do whatever it wants with it.
    The same goes for YouTube channels.
    No, Google owns your blog and your YouTube channel, but you own (retain intellectual property rights of) all the content. See "Your Content in our Services" at [url]http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/[/url]

However, Google does not need to make your content available on their services. But they don't own your content-- the author does.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Woohoo then we can argue over the result.
    But then will there be anything to argue?

Of course, fingers crossed for an appeal, right?

Chapter-Master

of course, jury bias towards an american company, the correctness of the result, if jurys work, or know what they're doing.
    I'm pretty sure most of the arguments will be the same, except the first.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I see you're getting a head start!

of course, jury bias towards an american company
    That's GW's own fault for suing in the US.

the correctness of the result
    Doesn't matter if the result is correct or not (only the legally binding result matters).

if jurys work
    Juries don't work for cases like this, no real argument there.

or know what they're doing.
    Juries don't know what they are doing most of the time because they aren't knowledgable in IP laws. I'd prefer a judge or expert panel.

Chapter-Master

lmao.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseer View Post
    One of the blogspot T&Cs is that Google owns your blog, all of its content and can do whatever it wants with it.
    The same goes for YouTube channels.
    Note the part in that post where most hosts will just not bother looking into whether or not its a valid request before doing the take down. Reference the whole Amazon Space Marine thing (which I'm sure that the endless GW crusaders around here are still defending GW for) where Amazon pulled the "offending" book before actually looking into the nature of the request and whether it was valid or not.

In this case Google clearly has an automated process for dealing with this and I really doubt a human ever read the DMCA complaint before action was taken on Natfka's blog.

After the initial takedown request has been processed, the "offender" has the opportunity to challenge the request, and if they do, GW has I believe 2 weeks to file an official lawsuit otherwise the content is made available again.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

@Psycho: So if GW loses the case, it was just because of American bias?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    @Psycho: So if GW loses the case, it was just because of American bias?
    GW can't ever be wrong. Remember that if GW's upper management went around and started pimp slapping babies' faces along the street, there is *justification* for their ways.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Clearly, a small US company been sued by a British multinational? GW don't stand a chance with a Jury, it could only be worse if they held it in Boston...

Quote Originally Posted by defenestratus View Post
    gw can't ever be wrong. Remember that if gw's upper management went around and started pimp slapping babies' faces along the street, there is *justification* for their ways.
    rotfl

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast