BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    GW can't ever be wrong. Remember that if GW's upper management went around and started pimp slapping babies' faces along the street, there is *justification* for their ways.
    If you'd notice I criticise them where I think they're wrong. (Babies had it coming always crying)
    When it comes to CH I don't think they are...
    The website takedown in this instance they're shooting themselves in the foot.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Clearly, a small US company been sued by a British multinational? GW don't stand a chance with a Jury, it could only be worse if they held it in Boston...
    I think you give the average American way too much credit for brand identity. Remember, our people don't riot and destroy the town after a sporting event. Americans get jingoist in matters of war. The average American doesn't give a rat's patootie when it comes to business. We are used to (and like) getting our crud from all over the world at cheap prices, so much so that we let a ton of our own industries die (and there were court cases there too).

The outcome of the Chapterhouse case won't be due to Americans still channeling the war of Independence. To most Americans today the U.K. is just this quaint old Aunt who serves tea and bisquits and has a Monarch for tourism purposes. I'm not saying that to be rude. It is just a fact. We don't see you the way you imply.

Chapter-Master

Clearly, a small US company been sued by a British multinational? GW don't stand a chance with a Jury, it could only be worse if they held it in Boston...
    Contrary to the popular perception of us yanks - we actually *like* our mistaken forefathers or "the old country".

Boston at the moment, sadly has a much more focused target of visceral hatred and loathing that isn't due to something that happened 243 years ago.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    I think you give the average American way too much credit for brand identity. Remember, our people don't riot and destroy the town after a sporting event. Americans get jingoist in matters of war. The average American doesn't give a rat's patootie when it comes to business. We are used to (and like) getting our crud from all over the world at cheap prices, so much so that we let a ton of our own industries die (and there were court cases there too).

The outcome of the Chapterhouse case won't be due to Americans still channeling the war of Independence. To most Americans today the U.K. is just this quaint old Aunt who serves tea and bisquits and has a Monarch for tourism purposes. I'm not saying that to be rude. It is just a fact. We don't see you the way you imply.
    lol those wacky Canadians.
    I genuinely got the impression most americans are barely aware we exist

Contrary to the popular perception of us yanks - we actually *like* our mistaken forefathers or "the old country".

Boston at the moment, sadly has a much more focused target of visceral hatred and loathing that isn't due to something that happened 243 years ago.
    True kinda forgot about that.
    And every American I've met in real life has been friendly.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Everything's worse in Boston.

Note the part in that post where most hosts will just not bother looking into whether or not its a valid request before doing the take down. Reference the whole Amazon Space Marine thing (which I'm sure that the endless GW crusaders around here are still defending GW for)
    I don't think i saw anyone try and defend that, that was a supid mistake.

This isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by OrksOrksOrks View Post
    I don't think i saw anyone try and defend that, that was a supid mistake.

This isn't.
    Actually, I could have sworn I recalled YOU defending it not so long ago. I'll have to go back through the posts and reread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    I believe BoLS current stance is technical issues, as last thing stated was there has been no communications - DMCA or otherwise - about the outage.
    This is accurate as of this posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    Actually, I could have sworn I recalled YOU defending it not so long ago. I'll have to go back through the posts and reread.
    Be my guest, I've never defended the idea of GW wanting to sue over Spots the space marine, I may have said it was an error or mistake due to defending IPs, but never that it was right to sue or claim infrigement, obviously if you've enough spare time to go back over all my posts, feel free, but thats really sad and pathetic.

This thread so far has been a hilarious exercise in jumping to conclusions. Would anyone else like to see some actual, you know, evidence before talking about what's happening, or is rampant sepculation the order of the day.

Also: is this making people more aware of the horrific piece of legislation that is the DMCA? Because that's what I'd be annoyed about. Feel free to hate the player, so long as you make sure to hate the game, people.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast